Clutching at straws?

(3 Posts)
cookiedoughballs Tue 14-Jun-16 19:51:43

Hi ladies, I've been advised to repost this here...

I've missed my period, I'm now 8 days late. Very very unusual for me and can't think of any reason why I might have missed it.
Negative ClearBlue today.... Am I being too hopeful in thinking it might just be too early?!?

sammylou1 Tue 14-Jun-16 20:14:22

Hi cookie, chances are that if you were pg then at 8 days late you would be getting a positive. Fx you are that person for whom pg tests just don't show up yet, but a more likely explanation is that you didn't ovulate this cycle, or if you did it was later than you thought.
The only way to know for sure that you ovd is to chart your temperature, significant temperature rise = ovulation. Pains/discharge/even opks don't confirm you have actually released an egg, just that your body tried to.
I don't mean to be a downer, and of course there's a chance, I just wish someone had told me this when I had an abnormally long cycle after 9 months of 28 dayers! Good luck. X

cookiedoughballs Tue 14-Jun-16 20:21:39

Thanks for your reply, really helpful. I think you're probably right, I doubt it'd be negative at 8 days late! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now