TTC after Nexplanon

(3 Posts)
Maude16 Mon 13-Jun-16 10:07:20

Hi all,

I had my Nexplanon implant removed last Monday (6th June), 2.5 years after having it put in.

The GP who took it out said I could ovulate almost immediately and on Wednesday I did an OPK that was almost-positive. The next day it was fainter so can I assume I missed the surge? I also had some cramping the next day.

We've DTD every night since it was removed so fingers crossed. My period would normally have started by now (I'm now CD31) and I've had no bleeding at all. I had regular periods since having the implant inserted.

When would you start testing? If I've had no period and no idea when I'll get my next one, I'm not sure when would be the next time!

M.

MyBreadIsEggy Mon 13-Jun-16 10:17:35

I had my first Nexplanon removed on 14th June 2014, and got a BFP on 18th July 2014. DD is now 13mo.
This time around, I had second Nexplanon removed on 22nd January 2016, and got BFP on 20th February 2016 - baby due on 4th Novemeber smile
Both times, I tested too early (day after period was due) and got negative results, but then tested again about a week later and got BFP grin
Good luck OP!!

Maude16 Mon 13-Jun-16 10:22:42

Sorry for the typos in my post, I'm new and can't find a way to edit my post! At the end I meant "best time" not "next time"!

I hope everything happens as quickly for me as it has for you! I've got a few twinges today but it doesn't feel like my usual period pain, I don't like not knowing what's going on in there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now