Ideas please?

(4 Posts)
fourcorneredcircle Fri 10-Jun-16 23:15:02

Hi... My DH and I have been trying to conceive for overtwo years now with no success. In January we went to the GP who referred us onwards.
DH's sperm test came back normal. I've had blood tests (day 5 and day 21) which showed nothing particular but the consultant sent me for a second day 21 one as my progesterone was "a little out" (what does this even mean?!). I've also had a hysteriothingumy (which was bloody painful and looked like it was ok on the screen to my untrained eye... And an ultrasound of my abdomen. Which I couldn't see. The nurse didn't do an internal scan as she said she wouldn't get any more info as my bladder was so full.
My cycle is regular (31 days) and has been for years, my periods are longish (up to 9 days) but not heavy - only need a mini tampon/slim pad. According to my temperatures I ovulate around day 18 of my cycle - I've tried using OPKs but I never seem to have success with them. Perhaps because I can't easily do them mid afternoon?
Obviously, I'm spending excessive amounts of time googling... I have a new (and possibly silly) theory about endometriosis. Although, I accept I don't have the pain/heavy periods symptoms often associated. I do, however, have an incredible stabbing pain on or around ovulation - can barely breathe and I live in fear of it happening while in driving but passes within a minute. The first week after my period I also have a heavy, bloated feeling in my pelvis, not painful though.
Is it worth me asking the consultant when I next see him (hopefully in the next four weeks or so) what he thinks? Or do you think I'm imagining it because of too much dr. Google?!

fourcorneredcircle Sat 11-Jun-16 10:15:12

Shameless bump...

MagpieCursedTea Sat 11-Jun-16 16:01:22

Honestly you know your body best. If you think something is not normal then discuss it with your consultant. I'd say to stay away from google in the meantime but that would make me a massive hypocrite.

fourcorneredcircle Sun 12-Jun-16 13:21:44

Thanks Magpies I'm glad it's not just me obsessively clicking through Google...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now