OPKs - any recommendations, or are they all the same?

(6 Posts)
HospitalHassler Fri 10-Jun-16 15:16:15

Finally taking the plunge and going to order some OPKs on line. I'm thinking of just buying the cheap strips - do they work? Is there a particular brand that's better than others?

Any recommendations?

Johno85 Sat 11-Jun-16 07:08:46

Hey HH. I'm surprised you haven't had any replies so far Hun. I initially used the One step opk's that I bought on Amazon. You can get 30 for less than £7. They are the green and white ones and lots of people seem to use them. I unfortunately never got a positive and became impatient (may have just been down to my cycles as well).

Last month I used the clear blue digital dual hormone opk and had a mare with that as well with 20 days of flashing smileys (it's not meant to do that either!).

This month however I used the CB digital again and got my peak opk at cd19.

I think it just comes down to preference and cost. The digital ones are expensive but take out the guess work of squinting at a line.

Good luck

BorisIsBack Sat 11-Jun-16 07:25:22

I used the one step cheap from Amazon, then I could use three in a day of I wanted to watch the LH surge change.

HospitalHassler Sun 12-Jun-16 20:47:07

Thank you both - I've ordered a pack of the internet cheapies, to start me off with.

My cycles are regular as clockwork, so I'm hoping ovulation will be easy to detect. But I had surgery for severe endometriosis recently, so we have a ticking clock to get pg before the disease returns again.

So I'm throwing everything at the next few cycles....

Johno85 Mon 13-Jun-16 17:35:03

Good luck hospital. Keep us posted X

homeiswheretheginis Thu 16-Jun-16 22:18:55

Just a quick one - but I got pregnant first time with both of my children using the clearblue monitor. It's a bit pricey but really worth it...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now