BFP worried, line is fading a bit. Help

(9 Posts)
ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 21:12:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 21:17:17

Writerwannabe83 Mon 06-Jun-16 21:43:54

Hello,

I got my BFP at the end of February this year and was getting strong lines on FRERs, CBs, ASDA brands and IC's from as early as 10dpo.

I continued to test frequently (most days) as I loved seeing the lines get darker but then at about 10 days after my initial BFP I noticed the line appeared fainter and then within three days I had gone to the tests being negative. I didn't feel any differently in myself and hadn't had any bleeding.

I went to see my GP about it, by now it was about 15 days after my initial BFP and she said that it sounded as though I had miscarried and that now the tests had turned negative she would expect me to start losing blood within the next 7 days. She booked me another appointment for a weeks time to ensure the miscarriage had started and that if it hadn't then she'd refer me to hospital for medical management.

As it was I started bleeding the next morning and it quickly turned into very painful cramps with a very heavy loss.

Some people will say "A line is a line" and that the strength of it isn't relevant as many things can alter that but I just knew something was wrong.

However, due to you still getting faint positives I would go to your GP and ask for a blood test to look at the levels of HCG as that will give a much clearer picture of what is going on.

In my initial appointment with my GP she asked me to come back for bloods in 3 days to check my HCG levels but as my HPTs were now negative I said there was little point as all it would do is confirm what I already know.

I really do hope things work out for you but I would definitely suggest a trip to your doctors flowers

ljomrs Mon 06-Jun-16 22:55:07

Andysgirl15 Tue 07-Jun-16 18:42:59

Are they fmu?. That might be the reason. Once I got to about 6 weeks I had better results with diluted wee rather than fmu as the hormones are really high and confuses the test giving a faint line.

Try using diluted wee or add water to your fmu

ljomrs Tue 07-Jun-16 19:34:38

haveacupoftea Tue 07-Jun-16 20:59:38

So sorry for your loss flowers

Writerwannabe83 Tue 07-Jun-16 21:19:26

I'm sorry ljomrs sad flowers

ljomrs Thu 09-Jun-16 20:08:23

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now