5.5/6 week cycle anyone?

(7 Posts)
cloudlessskies Sun 05-Jun-16 11:30:14

Hi all. Anyone with the same length cycle as me? Just wondering if you know when you ovulate?
Currently ttc1 but worried I might not even be ovulating. I have no twinges in my side/bloating. This cycle was the first time I tried OPK sticks and I didn't get a positive result.
I'll try testing earlier than the packet says and for longer on this next cycle....

I didn't have a period for about 15 months after coming off the pill after 13 years(now been 2.5 years off the pill) so had my bloods checked then and it all came back normal - although the doc couldn't explain to me why hormones were normal but was not having periods......

Thanks for reading.

physicskate Sun 05-Jun-16 11:52:26

Try temping... If you temp with a BBT thermometer at the same time every morning on waking, you will see a temp shift after ovulation. It will let you know that you did (or did not) ovulate in a cycle but cannot help too much with predictions abut future ovulation.

cloudlessskies Sun 05-Jun-16 12:23:41

Thanks, I have a thermometer to one to 1 decimal place. Should I really get one wih 2 dp's though?

physicskate Sun 05-Jun-16 13:23:53

I think they recommend to 2 dps, though 1 dp should give you the general idea. I get about a 0.5 degree C temp shift from before and after ov.

BoBo90 Sun 05-Jun-16 19:42:33

You should ovulate approximately 14 days before period so you need to be doing opks from about cd 22 onwards. I have a 5 week cycle and ovulate roughly cd20 smile

LordVoldemortsMissingNose Mon 06-Jun-16 19:42:49

I have an exceptionally irregular cycle, anywhere from 28-42 days. I have conceived three babies by just dtd regularly, I also have no idea when I ovulate. Just go with it for a bit and see what happens? It can happen without knowing when you ovulate :-)

cloudlessskies Sat 11-Jun-16 18:49:40

Thank you. This months cycle turned out to be 5 weeks and 1 which is shorted than usual. We were 'trying' during the fertile time but think we need to dtd more regularly as when we're both working it tends to just be at weekends! I'll opks again too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now