Confused by Ovia - did I test too early?!

(7 Posts)
ThePartyArtist Fri 03-Jun-16 14:20:18

My previous period began on 3 May (30 days ago. My cycle is normally 28 days). It lasted unusually long - twice as long as normal. Dr says because it was long, my next ovulation may be late. Ovia told me today that I have 5 days til I should do a pregnancy test - why is it telling me that? It told me my period was due two days ago! Now I am wondering if I could be pregnant and til now have been testing too early. Maybe the slight spotting today was an implantation bleed as DTD yesterday. I'm so confused!

Ellie06 Fri 03-Jun-16 15:02:37

Have you put an ovulation date into Ovia for this month? That was only time mine changed the day I should test.

Also implantation takes place around 7 days after ovulation, and the egg only survives around 12-24 hours after ovulation so if you had implantation bleeding today you would have needed to DTD around a week ago for the egg to implant, if that makes sense.

ThePartyArtist Fri 03-Jun-16 15:21:01

I haven't measured ovulation at all so it's not because of that that it's changed. It said my period was due around 5 or 6 days ago, and every day that I said it hadn't arrived it simply moved the date. Then after moving it a few days it a row it said it was removing the expected period data as it couldn't predict it. I put today that I had a bit of spotting but it still hasn't said my period due date.

According to Ovia I was fertile from 22 - 27 May. We DTD on 25th.

I had creamy white discharge earlier in the week (sorry if TMI) and it's now become watery. Today I had a tiny bit of spotting, could easily have missed it, so I thought it was coming on - but nothing since except more watery discharge.

I have reduced appetite which I have also read is a symptom. Also dull ache but not sure if that is period pains.

I can't understand why it's telling me to do a pregnancy test in 5 days yet not saying period due then.

I have done tests every day since it was late, including one at dr yesterday. Not sure whether to do another one.

ps2304 Fri 03-Jun-16 15:55:30

If you are late I would test every morning till AF arrives (if it does)
What did the test at the doctors say?

Ellie06 Fri 03-Jun-16 16:03:33

Umm I'm not sure what Ovia is doing there, it sounds a bit confused. I'd ignore it and just keep testing every few days

ThePartyArtist Fri 03-Jun-16 16:42:42

Dr did a urine test which was negative . I've tested every day it's been late (7 times so far) & all neg. dr said my unusually long bleed this time last month may have delayed the next ovulation. I'm just confused by the change in discharge, intermittent cramping and dull aches, and little tiny bit of blood today.

physicskate Fri 03-Jun-16 19:43:31

If you had implantation bleeding today, you would probably have ovulated 6-10 days ago. A pregnancy test could detect pregnancy from as early as 2 -7 days after implantation (and not before you have implantation).

Unfortunately, overeating can also be a symptom of early pregnancy (or anything else for that matter, if you rely on Dr Google as I do!). Hang tight, I'm sure answers will come in due course!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now