Discharge question Beware TMI

(8 Posts)
Laura05 Fri 27-May-16 16:00:02

Hi ladies, quick story.....1st cycle after coming off the mini pill. Think I'm due AF before next weekend (between 4 and 5weeks between periods on the pill) Past couple of days I've had AF cramps with creamy discharge when wiping and feeling wet. I honestly thought AF was on her way! I've just been been to the toilet and as I've gone to wipe (sorry TMI ahead) there was discharge hanging from me blush On closer inspection it looks like sperm like you would expect the morning after sex. We've not DD since Monday so surely it can't be that?
Cramping is barely there today so I have no idea if I'm pregnant or just awaiting the witch.
Any ideas ladies?? Thanks xx

Junosmum Fri 27-May-16 17:07:14

Firstly periods on the pill aren't real periods so aren't indicative of when you can expect it now you are off.

Secondly, cervical mucus (discharge) changes during your cycle due to changing hormones, so- you get period then white, cloudy gloop, then watery discharge then discharge which looks and feels like raw egg white, then a cream coloured paste like discharge, then your period. The egg white cervical mucus suggests that you are ovulating. A different times in your cycle you'll be wet and icky, and at others, dry as the sahara desert.

What you've described sounds to me like non-fertile cloudy 'gloop' mucus.

haveacupoftea Fri 27-May-16 23:59:17

Sounds normal enough...i remember after stopping the pill i was amazed how much CM my natural cycle was producing blush

Laura05 Sat 28-May-16 01:25:57

Hi thanks for your replies. My cycle has always carried on the same after coming off the pill (ttc #3) so pretty sure I'll be due a period next week. I've already had the ewcm, watery discharge and creamy discharge but I just wasnt expecting what I got this afternoon hmm It's back to creamy discharge the now so guess I'll just need to wait and see if AF appears. I just wasn't sure if it could be a sign of pregnancy or just a random thing to keep me guessing x

WingingIt83 Sat 28-May-16 10:15:16

I get that most months it's pretty gross! I read that around the cervix during fw a mucus plug builds up to give sperm a helping hand 'up' and so I kind of assumed it was that being released as it usually occurred the week before AF and that sometimes it will come in one alien looking lump!

Laura05 Sat 28-May-16 11:35:41

Haha! Yeah that would make sense. Thanks

Allium40 Sat 28-May-16 13:38:15

I did have a lot of discharge in the first few weeks of pg

Laura05 Sat 28-May-16 14:24:10

Fingers crossed then smile I had different symptoms with both my kids before a bfp so know anything goes haha! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now