OPK help!!

(6 Posts)
Lauralau10 Thu 26-May-16 18:36:37

I've not taken these before!

I know that it isn't positive BUT does they isually look like this before or after ovulation? Or does it vary between people?

Any help appreciated!!

Lauralau10 Thu 26-May-16 18:37:27

Also, it is actually a little bit darker than that in real life - the picture makes it look quite faint for some reason, annoying

NotWithoutMyMerkin Thu 26-May-16 18:42:30

Totally varies. Some people have lines that get gradually darker before a positive before ovulation. Some people just have a positive and no lines beforehand. Some people have lines that get gradually less dark after the positive. Or a combo. So it's impossible to say

CuppaSarah Thu 26-May-16 18:45:46

With OPKs the problem is that it isn't an exact science. It'll take a month or two to see what your personal ovulation looks like on them. Some people show a line like that the entire cycle until ovulation and others will only have a line in the lead up to ovulation.

Lauralau10 Thu 26-May-16 19:05:14

Ah ok, that definitely helps!

Thanks ladies, I'll start tracking from today then, hopefully it will shed some light on my very strange cycles!

simplydivine05 Thu 26-May-16 19:53:26

With mine I always have a faint line and then it will go close to the same darkness as the control line for my positive. I usually only get that one dark line all month and it is only when I test in the afternoon, usually around 1pm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now