quick question ttc experts!!

(6 Posts)
opalescent Sun 15-May-16 14:13:19

Hey all, having a real go at things this month, as its my 4th cycle and getting impatient!!

Just got a smiley opk- I have dtd this morning, yesterday, and the day before. I'm shagged out- is that a good enough effort or should I try to squeeze another in, as I may not release an egg for another day or so?!
I doubt DP will want to, as he's already put in a good weekend's work!!

FellOutOfBedTwice Sun 15-May-16 14:20:21

If you can I would give it another go tonight and another one tomorrow night. Both times I've got pregnant it's been through having sex twice a day every day of my fertile week. Any less just didn't work for us!

makingmiracles Sun 15-May-16 14:22:36

Try softcups if you can, I swear by them!

BertieBotts Sun 15-May-16 14:27:05

Should be okay. Sperm can stay alive for up to 7 days remember.

Apparently the issue is usually not that sperm doesn't meet egg, it's just that most fertilised eggs get rejected before they implant!

opalescent Sun 15-May-16 14:31:22

Awesome Thankyou for the replies ladies, I'll see if I can tempt dp, but won't worry too much if not. Makingmiracles, what are softcups?!

RNBrie Sun 15-May-16 14:31:47

Sperm quality is best if you dtd every other day. So if you did yesterday I'd skip today and do tomorrow.

Next month just try dtd every other day from 10 days after your period started to about day 25! Opks are extremely unreliable for some people.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now