6 weeks after coil removed STIll no AF anyone else??

(5 Posts)
Mummyandwife85 Sat 14-May-16 11:26:26

It's driving me crazy now waiting to feel normal again endless BFN'S and no sign of AF at all I can't be the only one going thru this crap??confusedxox would appreciate any advice on this feeling very only in this cos no close people I can talk to apart from my husband n pretty sure he is sick of me moaning lol hmm

Tabitha78 Sat 14-May-16 17:18:09

I had the same when my copper coil was removed - I was 10 days late in the end and AF was very light. Waiting to see what happens this month!

LikeaSnowflake Thu 19-May-16 07:32:57

Just wanted to share my experience with you.

I had a mirena coil in for about two and a half years and when it was removed, had a few days withdrawal bleed and then waited nearly 7 weeks before actual AF arrived.

Had lots of 'pregnancy' symptoms during that time and lots of BFNs. I found it all very frustrating and couldn't stop thinking about it so understand how you feel flowers DH just told me to stop worrying!

For some people it takes a while when coming off contraception for their cycle to return but I believe some people do become pregnant before their AF returns.

After my first AF I had one full cycle and then became pregnant the next cycle and now have a little girl.

Everyone has different experiences but I'm just sending some reassurance your way that this sounds pretty normal after having a coil removed. Fingers crossed your AF or BFP will be on its way soon smile

Lucy1308 Thu 19-May-16 19:42:40

I'm in a very similar boat!! Had my coil removed 5 weeks ago and had a proper period or maybe just a withdrawal bleed about 2 days later. Lasted about a week and was proper bleeding unlike anything I've had since having the coil in so I assumed it was AF anyway!! Now I'm almost a week late for AF and BFN so very like Like above. It's just a waiting game but that doesn't stop me being any more irrational about why I'm not coming on!! Fingers crossed AF turns up soon- or a BFP!!

Mummyandwife85 Sat 21-May-16 08:57:02

Thank you so much for your reassurance ladies xox I did get my first AF in years and my god was it heavy but I never last more than 4days so I feel kind of reset if that makes sense hmm and I'm crossing everything that next month will be our lucky month star xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now