New to OPK tests (pics)

(7 Posts)
Rebs89 Sun 08-May-16 19:18:49

I am new to testing as I have only recently stopped taking the pill. Yesterday I had a decent line and today it was darker, but still not as dark as the control line (pics below).

However, I took another test this evening and the line has gotten lighter. Does this mean I've ovulated and missed my positive at some point today or is there another reason?

jpclarke Sun 08-May-16 19:30:32

Opk's only detect the surge so when you get a positive it means you are going to ovulate in the next 12-48 hours (I am open to correction on this time frame) based on those opk's I would be getting busy as soon as...

Rebs89 Sun 08-May-16 19:32:51

So do you think these were my positives even though they're not as dark as the control line? Or that since it's gone lighter that my 'positive' has happened at some point today when I wasn't testing?

I'll be sure to get busy!

jpclarke Sun 08-May-16 21:46:43

It could mean you are gearing up to ovulate or else they are positive, you will have to test again tomorrow. Make sure you don't pee for about 3-4 hours before you test.

Rebs89 Mon 09-May-16 17:57:21

Here are my tests for the last few days, not sure what to think from them?

FuzzyOwl Mon 09-May-16 18:09:37

I would often get lines that were almost as dark followed by a day with no line and then a medium strength line. We always have lh in our system so don't worry about the days when you get almost but not positive lines. For me, a positive line is really obvious and it takes the colour from the control line (see picture) but it might be worth buying some more expensive OPKs that say for certain either way until you get a rough idea of what sort of day you tend to ovulate. Good luck.

Wheels1986 Tue 10-May-16 12:13:35

Mine looked exactly like that and it was actually picking up on the fact that I was already pregnant. Could this be possible?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now