Please help! At my wit's end :(

(4 Posts)
Lizziedoll Fri 06-May-16 07:15:14

Hello everyone,
I am 29 and ttc for the first time however I have a problem which I feel will make it impossible and it is getting me so down!
I suffer from chronic BV and basically get it after every time I have sex. I've tried everything over the years from change of diet to probiotics, you name it!
The only two things that work are balance activ pessaries and diluted hydrogen peroxide douching. Both will get rid of symptoms but then after I have sex, they will be back.
My question is this, am I right in thinking either of these methods of used a few hours before sex with prevent pregnancy? Also how can I keep BV at bay while ttc at the same time? Thanks so much for any advice!
Lizzie

dementedpixie Fri 06-May-16 22:05:20

Have you seen a GP? Does it not normally require antibiotics?

Wheels1986 Tue 10-May-16 12:29:26

Can't the bacteria pass on to your partner? That could be why you're getting it every time you have sex...

MummyTo1TTC2 Tue 10-May-16 13:47:54

I feel your pain. Since I've been with my partner I got BV every time we had sex was to and from the doctors every week and they always said the same thing that their is no cure for it and they don't exactly knows what kick starts it either.
Anyway.....my partner and I decided to TTC so I had my coil out in April (had it in for 3 years) and I haven't had BV since!!!!
I searched a lot of posts about conceiving with BV and couldn't really find a answer for it sad
BV cannot be passed to your partner like thrush I looked into that a lot and constantly asked my gp
Sorry it's not much help of an answer sad it's such a horrid thing to deal with xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now