Thinking about having some of my eggs frozen. What does it involve? Also wondering if I'm too young for it

(3 Posts)
ladygrizabella Wed 04-May-16 11:14:43

I'm 26 and I've known since I was young that I want kids. I was hoping to have my first baby before reaching 30, as I have read that fertility starts to decline after that, then eventually falls off a cliff after 35. I would prefer to be settled down and have a partner before having any kids, but I would also prefer being a single mum to never being a mum. I am so tired of online dating and trying to find a man. I'm considering what my options are in case I end up either not finding a partner at all, or not finding someone until I get to 35+ when my fertility might be a problem. I can't stop thinking and worrying about it. Should I think about having my eggs frozen? How much does it typically cost?

CharlieBear20 Wed 04-May-16 21:08:46

It is still possible to get pregnant after 35. Plenty of women do. It would take a lot of looking into to and I imagine it's quite expensive

fusspot66 Wed 04-May-16 21:11:09

I believe the success rate with frozen eggs is low, about 3%, so all a bit misleading really.
You're very young still
Plenty of time yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now