cd36 and counting!

(12 Posts)
minniewinnie Wed 04-May-16 08:49:48

Yes, cd36 and still bfn this morning confused

Is anyone else in the same boat/had this experience. I had a MC in January and my two cycles since have been 34 and 32 days. Before mc I was regular at 29 days. So now I don't know if I'm just having irregular cycles or possibly a late ovulation/implant (I don't know when I ovulated this month as I ran out of test mid cycle!!) or even one of those people who are going to get bfn until a v late bfp. You can probably guess which options I'd prefer.

Symptom wise I've been having slight cramps and pinching sensation,but no sore breasts or sickness/nausea.

Any words of advice or even some hand holding would be really appreciated. So far I've been poas everyday... I'm addicted! Help! shock

RaeSkywalker Wed 04-May-16 08:56:02

What tests are you using a how sensitive are they?

This did happen to me- I was 1 week late before I got a BFP on a very sensitive test. I think I must have ovulated later than normal- and my cycles are usually very regular 29 day ones. I'm not sure how common this is though.

Maybe step away from the tests for a couple of days to give yourself a break. If you get to 2 weeks late but still have a BFN, it might be worth speaking to your GP.

minniewinnie Wed 04-May-16 09:07:02

I've been using internet cheapie a, tesco & superdrugs own brand and clearblue... Basically whatever I can get my hands on confused

I'm glad to hear something hopeful. I have been trying to hold back on the tests, but that first thing morning urge is strong, lol! I'll try and hold off until Friday morning (which I know isn't too long). I'm away visiting family this weekend - so that should keep me busy (and sane) if there's still no af!

Thanks

RaeSkywalker Wed 04-May-16 09:10:06

I'd go to a chemist and buy the most sensitive one they have when you do test. Hope that you get the news you want soon flowers

minniewinnie Wed 04-May-16 09:49:21

I know, i think I'll have to fork out for a first response test, lol! smile

RaeSkywalker Wed 04-May-16 10:57:05

I think that Superdrug early tests are more sensitive-

www.superdrug.com/Health/Conception-Aids/Pregnancy-Tests/Superdrug-Early-Pregnancy-Test-2-pcs/p/421401

The Superdrug tests have a sensitivity of 10IU/L. From memory I think that's more sensitive than First Response.

miniweaver Wed 04-May-16 19:30:27

Hi minniewinnie - I'm in the same boat! I'm doing my DH's head in!!!blush
Currently on cd43 - my cycles so far this year 23/31/33 days long. 2 BFN sad most recent was a First Response on cd40.
I've had mild cramping pretty much constantly, some on/off nausea (was really bad day before my period was due) but I'm really worried it's all in my head!!!
I've been super stressed due to our house sale so that could easily be why I'm so late but I just feel different...
Trying to wait till this Saturday to test again... hmm

minniewinnie Wed 04-May-16 20:05:26

Sounds like we have the same symptoms! I'll be keeper my my fingers crossed for your bfp. I'm going to try and stay strong and not test in the morning (I've burned through half a dozen tests in as many days). I just hate the not knowing!!

Weddingbelle13 Wed 04-May-16 22:45:07

Hi op I would stick to frers I got a false positive on a super drug early and it's totally knocked me for six and when I posted on another thread lots of similar stories x

minniewinnie Thu 05-May-16 08:00:06

Looks like I'm back to cd1 (spotting and cramps this morning). I'm relieved it wasn't longer! I think I'll have to stock up on opks and see when I actually ovulate this month. Hopefully I'll go back to something more regular soon. Thanks for all your helpful comments smile

miniweaver Sun 08-May-16 09:55:13

Hi minniewinnie I ended the same way as you - cd46 and af decided to rock up. I've ordered some cb opks (hubby's suggestion! shock) so I can make some sense of the next cycle however long that decides to be hmm. Fingers crossed for our next cycles!

minniewinnie Mon 09-May-16 12:55:43

Hi miniweaver, 46 days shock ! I would have been tearing my hair out! It's funny how the 7days over dragged sooooo much but the 5days of af have gone so quickly. I swear ttc bends time, lol.

Good luck this cycle! Hopefully we'll both get lucky and anything over 28 days is because of a bfp!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now