Broody for second

(6 Posts)
Junosmum Mon 25-Apr-16 21:50:14

DS is 4 months old. I absolutely adore him but I didn't get broody for him- DH was broody and prior to getting married we had agreed we'd have kids (I was on the fence prior) so it was the right time so we got on with it. Best decision ever and DS is my life.

But I'm already broody for the next one! I never ever thought I'd feel like this.

It's a really bad idea to have another now- we couldn't afford another mat leave, or to have 2 in child care at the same time. I love my job and want to progress in my career so will not become a sahm and dh feels the same. I've got significant gynaecology issues from the birth and I'm awaiting a referral for treatment- sex is so painful we can't do it. I also want to enjoy DS, he's just so fantastic. And even if we could have sex, I'm exclusively breastfeeding so getting pregnant would be really unlikely.

I'm nuts to even consider it right?

YouSay Mon 25-Apr-16 22:01:25

I think it is common to feel broody around this time. Personally I would give it a few more months to see how you feel.

Muddywellyboots Mon 25-Apr-16 22:04:27

I agree with Yousay! My 2nd is 9mo and and I was really broody around 4mo. Just hormones! Worn off now and the fear has kicked in again. The 4mo sleep regression might hit you soon....might make you less broody wink

Junosmum Mon 25-Apr-16 22:10:54

Good to know!

I really hope that the 4month sleep regression doesn't hit, he already wakes 3-4 times a night and always has!

Muddywellyboots Wed 27-Apr-16 07:51:46

Fingers crossed! If it does just remember everything is a phase and it will pass. My 9mo is going through another one confused!

Muddywellyboots Wed 27-Apr-16 07:51:50

Fingers crossed! If it does just remember everything is a phase and it will pass. My 9mo is going through another one confused!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now