Cyclogest 400

(7 Posts)
SecretPoasAddict Thu 21-Apr-16 19:43:10

Hello ladies...have watched this site from afar for a while now - but decided to dive in, as everyone seems so helpful and I'm looking for some reassurance/hope!
Had three mc now and unfortunately my age isn't on my side. Been to a private doc and he prescribed cyclogest 400 x 2 per day from 2 days after ov - starting them Saturday...
Have seen the stories on the delightful side-effects (so looking forward to that!) but just wanted to hear some about successes with this....would love to have my optimism levels raised!!! smile xx

Mrsunsure123 Sun 26-Jun-16 15:26:55

Hello, just wondering if your still here and if they worked? This is my first cycle using them currently 6dpo and would love to hear your experience. Thanks smile

Mrsbadger77 Sun 26-Jun-16 16:26:43

I was prescribed cyclogest 400mg after ttc for nearly 2 years. I had a short LP. I got pregnant on the second cycle trying which I know is down to the the cyclogest. Good luck

Mrsunsure123 Sun 26-Jun-16 16:33:03

Thanks Mrs I think I may have spoke to you on another thread earlier in the year.
Can I ask on your cycles before cyclogest did you get spotting? And you say you had a short LP? Did the cyclogest fix it? My LP is short and I get spotting, this morning 6dpo I had some brown cm but nothing more since. I do get this on a normal cycle but I'm only 800mg cyclogest a day so really thought the spotting would stop.

SecretPoasAddict Wed 29-Jun-16 08:37:48

Hi Mrsunsure! Yes still here, just not posting after the resounding success of the number of replies ;)
Yes I'm really happy to say it appears to have worked - 12 weeks today and just coming off the cyclogest now (which is a nervous time, but doing it gradually!) had harmony test and scan, all looks good smile At a very early (5 week) scan I had, consultant saw the cyst that was supposed to be producing the progesterone was collapsed, so kind of gave credence to progesterone being the issue.
I think that we've been prescribed for different things, as mine was for progesterone levels dropping and causing mc, whereas sounds like you and Mrsbadger is for short LP, which I don't know much about sorry sad
Obviously I think it's a wonder drug though - absolutely convinced it's helped me. Fx it works For you and congrats mrsbadger!

Mrsunsure123 Wed 29-Jun-16 18:00:03

That's fantastic news congratulations!
Unfortunately the cyclogest hasn't seemed to of lengthened my LP at all and my spotting has not improved either. I'm absolutely devastated and after s long hard 2 years I've decided it's time to take a break. I can't find a single thing online where people have not had cyclogest lengthen their LP so I'm actually very worried there's something much more serious going on..
I wish you lots of luck and love with this pregnancy and thanks for sharing your story with me smile

SecretPoasAddict Wed 29-Jun-16 18:41:39

Oh I really hope it's something that can be sorted mrsunsure, fertility problems are soul destroying sad
Thank you for your kind wishes - and I'll be really hoping to see some good news from you on here soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now