TTC After miscarriage in Jan

(3 Posts)
charlotte1990 Tue 12-Apr-16 10:40:07

hi ladies,
I have a son who is 4 and we have been trying since april 2015 for our second baby. finally fell in November but started bleeding over xmas was told baby had stopped growing 11th Jan and had an erpc on 13th jan. had good periods since every 27/28 days... I am due to be ovulating tomorrow been doing ovulation tests this month just to prove to my self I am ovulating when I should be... no positive result yet and done one this morning. if I am ovulating tomorrow when should I get a positive ovulation test? tonight? tomorrow?
don't want to get fixated on falling again but finding it hard...
advice needed x

CarrotVan Tue 12-Apr-16 11:57:15

You normally get a + OPK 12-24 hours before you actually ovulate. OPKs predict ovulation but don't confirm it as your body can get ready to release an egg and then change it's mind.

If you're using the cheap dip strip OPKs then they are better done in the afternoon/evening as the hormone they test for builds through the day unlike pregnancy tests where you want the really concentrated first wee of the day. This is different for the Clearblue digital ovulation thing - I think you use first wee for that for reasons I don't know

charlotte1990 Wed 13-Apr-16 08:02:58

I did one last night and it come back with a faint line and a strong control line so we did the deed last night as from my period I should be ovulating today I did another one this morning and it's negative so I'll take one again mid afternoon and see what that shows up. Thank you for commenting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now