Any Clomid experts out there?

(3 Posts)
broodypsycho Mon 11-Apr-16 18:15:26

So my private consultant reluctantly gave me 2 months of Clomid. I ovulate though my levels are borderline (30).
I have a 30-33 day cycle and he's told me to take them days 2-7. Now I've heard on here that it's more effect from day 3 and also they need to be taken at night to sleep off the symptoms.
Any success stories out there on people who ovulate but clomid has got them their BFP?

broodypsycho Mon 11-Apr-16 20:37:33

Anyone?

YouBoggleMyMind Tue 12-Apr-16 15:07:55

I've not had success yet (waiting to start round 4 of 150mg in May) but I would advise taking them at night in case of symptoms (I didn't really get any but everyone is different.) and take them as per the instructions you were given. I take them on days 2-6 of my cycle.

I was told that once the Clomid dose is right, it's successful but you might need to see what dose works best for you with scans. They also might add Metformin to the mix like they have with me to see if that helps. The Metformin has given me a natural period for the 1st time since August 2014. I've been using Provera to induce a period for the last 3 rounds of Clomid.

Good luck and come join us on the www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/2481523-when-to-expect-period-provera if you want a bit more company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now