No luck TTC after 5 months - should I worry?

(5 Posts)
CandyCrush77 Mon 11-Apr-16 18:07:07

Am 39, just got period after 5 month of trying. Starting to get really worried that it will never happen. Thought we had done everything right this month. Used ovulation predictor kit, had sex every day, but still nothing. Conceived my first two pretty much straight away and expected it to happen first time we DTD. Is it too early to give up hope? When should we get checked out?

underrugsswept Mon 11-Apr-16 19:47:18

I'm used 35 and I conceived my first straight away and just got pregnant on my 5th cycle. I think it's the luck of the draw to be honest though the NHS guidelines say you can speak to your GP if you've been trying 6+ months and are over 35.

underrugsswept Mon 11-Apr-16 19:47:31

UNDER 35!

CandyCrush77 Mon 11-Apr-16 22:34:56

Thanks underrug. I read somewhere that if you are over 35 and been trying for 6 months with no luck then see GP. Made an appointment for the end of the week but no idea what they will do, if anything. Does anyone have any idea what to expect?

10storeylovesong Tue 12-Apr-16 06:24:36

It took us 10 months with our first and currently on 26th cycle ttc for 2nd. I went to see GP after 12 months and they couldn't / wouldn't do anything to help as we already had a child.

Id say that 5 months is nothing to worry about!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now