Having another baby.

(3 Posts)
danielley2807 Sun 10-Apr-16 15:53:19

I've been with me partner now for 4 years and we want to start trying for a baby. I have a lot of worries though and I'm not very good at talking to people so I'm turning to mumsnet for advice! I already have 2 children from a previous relationship, they're 8 and 6 now, me and their father split while I was pregnant with my youngest though we have remained very good friends and have a lovely relationship. Anyway, back to the point... me and my partner want to start trying for a baby (I say this however for the last year we have had unprotected sex and so far nothing) I'm worried about how this will effect my children? Will having a brother or sister with another father to them be an issue? Especially as me and their dad have split custody so they're not with me 7 days a week. And I'm also worried about the fact that I haven't caught pregnant during this last year. I do have pcos which I know can effect your chances of conceiving but I knew that before I had my second child so surely that shouldn't be a factor to worry about? I'm feeling a little bit crazy at the moment, I want a baby but I'm scared and then I try and talk myself out of it but then when my period comes I'm gutted. I'm due on tomorrow and I know if it comes I'll be really upset again. I just don't know what to do.

Fwaffy Sun 10-Apr-16 16:00:02

Sorry your having a tough time of itflowers

No advice really but I know of two families like yours. One where the dad went on to have another son when the two from his first relationship were young teens (so a bit different) and one where there were two little boys from a first marriage and mum went on to have a baby girl with new partner.

Happily in both situations the older children ADORED the new babies. Besotted. I think a lot of prep was done and loads of love and reassurance from both parents to ease the transition.

Fwaffy Sun 10-Apr-16 16:00:43

You're not your!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now