false positive?

(10 Posts)
shireenphillips Wed 06-Apr-16 18:09:58

I am using the clearblue advanced fertility monitor and I ovulated/got my peak day 9 and 10 of my cycle. My monitor asked me to pregnancy test yesterday which I got a positive back on. I also did a first response which I think I can see a really faint line. I am due my AF in 7 days. I did the monitor test again today as I was excited and it came back negative sad both 2 first tests were done with same urine at 5pm and today's negative was done at 4.30 pm. Can't help think that I'm not pregnant now sad help xx

Jod1985 Wed 06-Apr-16 22:12:10

It's likely just too early. Wait 48 hours and re test. I think I got a very faint positive Last night but I'm only 8days PO so waiting til Friday to re test

gamerchick Wed 06-Apr-16 22:16:03

I don't see a line on that middle test. You need to be patient for a bit and test again, ideally when your period is due.

Loki17 Thu 07-Apr-16 09:15:51

Everything I've read tells me it is not possible to get a false positive. There is either hgc in your urine because you are pregnant, or there isn't. However, testing early is dangerous because you can experience a chemical pregnancy in which implantation occurs but the fertilised egg doesn't progress and you get your period either on time or just a little late. The same thing happened to me last month. Positive pregnancy test followed by negative and then af was one day late. Conversely, it could also be just too early and if you wait a few days you will get your bfp. Good luck, I hope you get your bfp! flowers

Penguinepenguins Thu 07-Apr-16 13:08:39

Hi Loki, I'm sorry to say that the monitor can give a false positive - I have had one with the monitor, I just dint trust the monitor for pregnancy testing at all.

I tested positive, did a first response with the same urine and not even a faint line - next day negative on the monitor. The monitor won't pick up the very low levels of HCG at 7 days before AF. I was heart broken as was never pregnant that month.

This doesn't mean your not pregnant, from my experience I would trust the early response tests more than monitor, the monitor picks up at 25 I believe first response at 10 HCG.

Penguinepenguins Thu 07-Apr-16 13:09:13

Sorry complete brain malfunction and wrote Lokki not Shireen....

Glendaamaya Mon 09-May-16 03:23:42

Hi girls!!
This is so crazy shireen because I just went thru the same exact thing and I'm going crazy googling in search of answers .... I don't kno what to do amor think have you gone to the doctor to check ?

shireen1992 Mon 09-May-16 06:23:20

Yea turns out the monitor was wrong last month sad I must of rang clearblue 100 times they insisted I was pregnant I went Drs and there was no pregnancy levels in me sad

Glendaamaya Tue 10-May-16 00:23:48

Oh man sad ttc is so hard !

shireen1992 Tue 10-May-16 08:53:05

I will say though this month I got a pregnant from the machine along with every other test I did, a day later I did machine again and was not pregnant. 2 days later went back to pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now