Exercise whilst ttc...

(5 Posts)
Loki17 Fri 01-Apr-16 13:16:26

I had a mc at 13 weeks in January and since then we have been ttc with no luck. DH booked a holiday abroad to distract me from my grief and give me something to look forward to. The holiday is now 15 weeks away. Whilst not overweight, I'm wobbling more than I'd like. Initially I hoped I'd have a bump so wouldn't care about stripping off in a bikini. That's not likely to be the case now - even if I fall this month I won't be bumpy. Anyway, I have decided that I want to give Davina 5 week fit a go. I've done her dad's before and got on well. I'm not going to be restricting calories - just eating 'clean' and moderating my portions. Am I going to harm my ttc chances? I'm desperate to be pregnant but need to do something for myself in terms of getting my mind and body back following the shit that I have been through in the last couple of months. Any exercise tips that may be better for ttc?

Loki17 Fri 01-Apr-16 13:17:52

Done her dvds before^ stupid autocorrect. I've never done Davina's dad!

iwillbemrsminty Fri 01-Apr-16 13:44:26

Sorry about your MC Loki flowers your DH sounds like a gem. Placemarking and grin at Davina's Dad!! not helpful

InspectorPenguin Fri 01-Apr-16 14:09:00

Loki, so sorry for your loss, that must have been incredibly hard at that stage.
Your DH is lovely for booking the holiday - I'm sure it will be a huge help.

Exercising while TTC is actively encouraged, as is clean eating of course. Just aim to do what you enjoy and be as active as you can be. You are fine to continue with exercise once you get your BFP too, and there are loads of benefits in doing so.

Best of luck - enjoy having fitness goals to focus on and hopefully it will help you to feel better soon flowers

Loki17 Fri 01-Apr-16 19:11:55

Thanks both. Really hoping exercise takes my mind off ttc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now