BFP! My first signs and doubts

(5 Posts)
hanste123 Mon 28-Mar-16 11:21:27

Just got my BFP today (2 days early) and thought I'd share my symptoms and those which I doubted from my obsessive research!

We've been trying to conceive for over a year and a half and have a fertility appointment in a weeks time! Just last night I got tearful as those who were pregnant with their first when we first started TTC were now PG with their second! Hard not to get down.

What was different about this month? Honestly? Stress! The last yr and half has been so stressful, but we prioritised a mini holiday and relaxation this month. First month of feeling relaxed we get BFP! Even though I had done everything wrong! Drinking, eggs benedict, jacuzzi etc (before implantation-does that make a difference?). And I've been eating a lot of nuts. Needed more protein in my diet.

I'm lucky that I can feel when I ovulate, and I definitely felt when I implanted! It was exactly a week later, practically to the hour. I first of all felt suddenly very nauseous and really thought I would be sick, but wasn't. Then had terrible cramps all night which kept me awake. The cramps continued for another day but much more mild. I didn't have any spotting (thought I had just over eaten as been trying to put weight on 😳).
Haven't had any other nausea, boobs have been a bit sore on and off, mostly under armpits which apparently the armpit soreness is solely a PMS sign according to some sites. On and off breast and nipple swelling, nothing major. I'm fair and my partner says my nipples have darkened. Although I don't think so. I do think that the nipple has gotten bigger (just the sticky outy part, not the aerela), but only in the last day or 2. I had mild headaches on and off and frequent dizziness. Both are PMS symptoms. This morning before the test I had a fleeting feeling of 'heavy womb' which is my sign that I'm about to come on (hopefully not!). Been very tired and lacking energy (but not every day) and attributed it to the fact that I'd started waking up most nights in the early hours. Frequent urination, but I pee a lot anyway, so couldn't be sure.

Think that's it. I hope that's thorough! Feel free to ask questions X

Good luck everyone, and fingers crossed I stay PG (so glad I'm actually able to get PG, really started thinking something was seriously wrong!!!)

hanste123 Mon 28-Mar-16 11:22:49

Oh, and I haven't really had any mood swings, except a little teary maybe twice - could easily have just been PMS

Beansprout30 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:16:04

Congratulations on your bfp, hope you have a healthy pregnancy! Although 6 months pregnant myself I still enjoy reading these success stories as it took us 18 months and was beginning to wonder if it would happen smile

hanste123 Tue 29-Mar-16 18:22:55

It's crazy isn't it? The night before my BFP I was crying because people who were pregnant when we first started TTC were pregnant with their second! Just felt like it would never happen for us... My body obviously just wouldn't let me get pregnant until the stress had gone and life was calmer. Makes sense doesn't it, isn't hindsight a lovely thing ☺️

Beansprout30 Tue 29-Mar-16 18:33:26

I think we were at a similar stage. We'd juSt had our fertility appointment confirmed and I literally broke down in tears to my dh saying it would never happen, few days later we finally get a bfp and today we've been out to purchase a pram smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now