Help me work out what's going on please?

(11 Posts)
Bambooshoots14 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:08:26

Day 40 today.
Positive opk day 11
Ewcm day 16
Positive opk day 18
Period cramps day 32
Ewcm (a lot) day 33
Ewcm day 34-6

Still no af. Bfn

Any ideas what's going on?

Bambooshoots14 Thu 24-Mar-16 21:49:11

Anyone?

broodypsycho Fri 25-Mar-16 16:09:05

Haven't got the foggiest. Could be af or you could be preggers. Sit tight and wait for either to show

FuzzyOwl Fri 25-Mar-16 16:19:08

Could you have PCOS? Or could you have misread the positive OPKs?
And are you definitely sure it is EWCM and not just CM?

Bambooshoots14 Fri 25-Mar-16 17:53:01

I was thinking maybe pcos. I am quite overweight (but was when I conceived ds too).

I may of misread them but have ordered the clear blue digital for next month so I can be sure.

It was definitely ewcm. I don't get much cm any time in the month but on day 33 it was a lot. Like a golf ball which came out in one go. Never had that before.

I drank a lot on day 31 and had a terrible hangover on day 32 when I had the period cramps. I read that progesterone production can be inhibited by your liver, think my af was coming but my hangover scared it off?!

FuzzyOwl Fri 25-Mar-16 18:32:38

PCOS can give you false positive OPKs and sometimes our bodies do gear up to ovulate and then for some reason don't. Otherwise, if the OPKs were ICs then they can be difficult to read at times and I know I can have almost positive ones and then negative and then positive, whereas other women get a gradual build up. Hopefully the Clearblue will give you more clarity but generally I would say to listen to your body in terms of EWCM as that is when you are fertile and the OPKs could be wrong. If you are still getting EWCM, then that is very different to the discharge you often get in early pregnancy.

I have never heard anything about a hangover scaring off AF so can't advise you on that, although I don't believe you would get EWCM the day after AF was due because you only ovulate once (or at one time) in your cycle.

Bambooshoots14 Fri 25-Mar-16 19:23:32

I agree re opks/ ewcm so think I ovulated day 16-18

That's what confused me about the ewcm after I would of expected af. It was definitely ewcm. As I was so confused I did inspect a bit more than usual blush don't think it's pregnancy symptoms as previously got thrush as soon as pregnant and nothing like that. Don't feel pregnant at all.

Just very confusing!

Bambooshoots14 Fri 25-Mar-16 19:25:39

This is previous cycle history for last year. You can see they do vary but not this long before

FuzzyOwl Fri 25-Mar-16 19:33:35

I know that once I geared up to ovulate and had the positive OPKs etc (no EWCM though) and didn't but then did about a week later (had EWCM and more positive OPKs). That cycle was much longer than normal because it had taken me longer to ovulate than normal and my LP remained the same (which is typical for most women).

I also don't think EWCM is a pregnancy symptom because you don't get it when you are pregnant; you just get lots of discharge and sometimes it a big gunky (plug-like) but you aren't fertile then.

As a guess, I would be inclined to think that you have only just ovulated and will have the best part of a fortnight until AF. I just don't know of any situation when you would get EWCM after ovulation and if you have just had it, then that has to have been your fertile time.

Bambooshoots14 Fri 25-Mar-16 20:02:31

Thank you for advice

Last dtd was 22 days ago poor DH so I will of missed it by now or would 99% be getting bfp. Just so annoying when you have to wait longer to try again

Bambooshoots14 Wed 06-Apr-16 07:43:05

Update

Af came on day 47 so 14 days after the lot of ewcm so that most of been when I ovulated. The period cramps must of been ovulation pain. I expect I was pretty fertile then and missed it sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now