OPK experts come hither...

(12 Posts)
Iwonder84 Thu 24-Mar-16 19:44:42

I have just done my first ever OPK. I'm aware this is classed as negative, but does the darkness of the line mean anything or is it completely random? Like do you always get a line be it faint or not if its negative? They are boots own if it helps. As far as I'm aware I am not near ov.

NotSpartacus Thu 24-Mar-16 19:49:43

I think the darkness of the line is relevant. If it the same as or darker than the control, your LH surge has been detected. Pretty sure there will usually be a line of some variety.

Iwonder84 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:02:09

Thank you! I didn't think I was near ov, but the line seemed dark and was wondering if it meant I was.

BoBo90 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:13:09

Everyone is different, some people just have dark lines for days others have faint lines all the way through their cycle before getting a positive. Best thing to do is tape all your opks onto a piece of paper with the date of test so you can compare them easily. I've attached a pic of mine last cycle - mine fade in and out around ovulation!

It's also really important to test at least twice a day as your opks get darker as you can miss the positive if you don't! As yours is already quite dark and you don't know what's normal yet I would test twice a day until you get your positive!

Hope that makes sense 😆

Iwonder84 Thu 24-Mar-16 20:35:55

Ooooooo thank you bobo!!! Are those IC in your pics? Does it differ with the brands? I literally am a complete beginner with the OPKs. There was only 5 in a pack I think I'm going to have to invest in the ICs as I just know this is going to develop into an addiction!

BoBo90 Thu 24-Mar-16 23:56:10

Sorry for late reply! Yes they are cheap one-step ones from amazon 😊 it was 90 for about £10 I think! Xx

Iwonder84 Fri 25-Mar-16 10:01:47

<goes off to Amazon!> thank you!

underrugsswept Fri 25-Mar-16 18:57:56

I'd call that a positive. Mine are clear but never quite as dark as the control line.

Iwonder84 Fri 25-Mar-16 19:19:10

Hmm! This is today's, along with yesterday's. Today's is on top. I'm on cd24, and have been having cycles ranging from 28-35 days since coming off the pill in November. I had all the ewcm, and other symptoms of ov over a week ago! Maybe I'm just one of those who show darkish lines as mentioned by sparticus and bobo above... Time shall tell! I promised myself I wasn't going to do down this route - famous last words! grin

underrugsswept Fri 25-Mar-16 20:20:04

I had positive OPKS on two days this month too. On the second day I got a dark positive in the morning and a completely blank one by the afternoon.

underrugsswept Fri 25-Mar-16 20:21:14

Have you tried a HPT? I've heard that OPKS can be positive when you're actually pregnant...

Iwonder84 Fri 25-Mar-16 20:56:31

Very strange!

Yes serial tester here all BFN!
I think it's only if a hpt would show a positive anyway.

I'll give it till after the weekend and try again then I guess!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now