Faint positive after I thought I had my period...? Help please x

(5 Posts)
abennington Tue 22-Mar-16 21:22:56

Hey smile I'm hoping someone can help me out!
I'm feeling really confused and not sure what's going on with my body, I'm not actively ttc but I would love to have a baby, so although I'm completely new to this I have had quite a few 'scares' before (probably just hoping to be pregnant) and have read through thousands of forums.
Anyway, I'm on the pill but at the start of my last cycle I had completely ran out and couldn't get to the clinic to get a new pack until my week long break had actually turned into a 9 day break, I asked the nurse whether I would still be covered this month and she said I would be fine. Skip forward a week-ish (I should say involving cramps which I don't normally get until the very day of my period) and I notice a clump (sorry, gross) of ewcm in the shower and I NEVER get this, ever, as I say I'm on the pill. But after that and a few times when I wiped that day and possibly the next, it seemed to have completely dried up. Apart from pretty bad cramping, I thought everything was normal but at the end of the month my period turned up almost two days late and started off extremely light pink spotting that barely touched a pad, which only developed into slightly heavier dark brown blood the next afternoon, so I thought that was just my period properly starting but it was nothing like what it's usually like. I normally start off really heavy straight away and then the bleeding, which is always bright red then brown towards the end, gets lighter over 3-4 days. But this whole period has been light brown blood the whole way through after the dark brown on Saturday, with occasional pink spotting or streaks of light red. I took a Lloyds Pharmacy pregnancy test this morning, initially thought it was negative, had like a 5 minute shower and when I looked at it again it was a very faint pink line. Did a superdrug one on my lunch break though and it was definitely negative. Has anybody had similar experiences? I'm leaving out the major list of symptoms I've been getting because I really don't know what to think, I keep getting twinges and pangs and fluttery feelings by my pelvis though.
Anyone had anything similar? X

Jod1985 Tue 22-Mar-16 21:30:58

Hey, it is possible that the "period" was actually implantation spotting, I would leave it a few more days and test again.

KateBeckett Tue 22-Mar-16 21:31:07

Test again in a few days with your first wee!

abennington Tue 22-Mar-16 21:47:09

Thanks for replying ladies! Do you think implantation bleeding would be that late though as I got it the day after I was due? I haven't a clue when I ovulated, only I definitely felt different this cycle and had ewcm, so I'm 90% sure I did

Jod1985 Tue 22-Mar-16 22:09:54

The fact you missed your pill for so long could have thrown your cycle off. I didn't get implantation bleeding until the day my period was due.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now