Anyone testing Easter weekend?

(201 Posts)
Mrsmulder Thu 17-Mar-16 23:12:28

Af is due Easter Monday and I definitely won't cave and test early, I promise! Anyone with me? Anytime from Good Friday counts as an Easter Bfp grin

KitKat1985 Fri 18-Mar-16 08:16:07

I'm due about the same sort of time. Ignoring last month's silly 37 day cycle I usually have more like 28-30 day cycles though and now on CD 22, so will be due about Easter weekend. Although I may test early However I have bugger all pregnancy symptoms (I was ill from pretty much the moment of conceptions when pregnant with DD) so I'm not very hopeful. But I like the idea of an Easter weekend mini-bus! Wishing you luck MrsMulder!

LuckyBlackKitty Fri 18-Mar-16 08:24:41

Can I join? I'm due on Easter Sunday but my cycle can be 24-28 (just to taunt me) so probably should hold on to after Easter (but won't).
Good luck ladies!

TessWess Fri 18-Mar-16 08:37:08

Hi ladies,

Been TTC since December. Was pregnant on cycle 3 with DS. AF is due Easter Monday or possibly the Tuesday (generally have a 27-28 day cycle). I had a very early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy on 2nd March. Very disappointing, but it seemed my cycle stayed on track and I ovulated 13 days later (I'm a serial opk-er and temp-er!). I definitely won't be testing early for that reason tho! Desperate for a Spring BFP. I find the 2ww so hard!!
How does everybody feel about their chances? We DTD on cycle day 8, 10, and 12...

LuckyBlackKitty Fri 18-Mar-16 08:46:50

Hi Tess
We've been TTC for a year now so won't be surprised if it's a BFN but am ever the optimist. We DTD on 6, 10, 12, 13, 14 so we've put the hard work in wink
Fingers crossed for you,

Parney Fri 18-Mar-16 09:04:01

Ah can I join? AF due around Easter Monday too, but ovia is saying to test in 8 days?! Easter Saturday! If they say so...

Ghostonthedancefloor Fri 18-Mar-16 09:20:07

Kind of! AF due 29-31st but think I OVd Wednesday.. We shall see smile

TessWess Fri 18-Mar-16 10:59:28

Sounds like you covered all bases LuckyBlackKitty! Let's hope this is your month! smile

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 14:43:41

Good Friday for me will be my official test day smile day AF should show up...

Had a peak last Thursday and cramping pains for three days and super exhausted and thirsty and peeing a lot, so I need to be patient for another week, trying hard not to POAS every five minutes as its way too early

Couldn't wait and POAS today just in case idiot I know it's way too early

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 14:46:02

The past three days smile which I'm hoping is implantation FX

Nicky883 Fri 18-Mar-16 15:24:22

Hello ,
Can i join u ? Af due on friday the 25th !
Not having any symptoms though ..
Good luck to all smile

Mrsmulder Fri 18-Mar-16 15:35:42

Ooh penguin you could be the 1st Bfp of the thread!

I don't have much hope for this month, we dtd around ov time but I sometimes ovulate early so we could have missed it. It's also only cycle one and I only had a short period after I had the coil out so it's possible that things haven't settled down yet.

Good luck everyone

Parney Fri 18-Mar-16 16:27:37

I don't feel like we dtd enough either! Just off the pill at the end of January and only had one real AF since! So no idea what way my cycles actually are, only cycle one of trying though. I'm learning so much! Better informed for next month already! Would love if we got lucky this month though shock

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 16:37:48

I started a little thread and there was three of us, the other two ladies have had their BFP at 11dpo...

I'm hoping their luck will rub off on me smile

nicky that makes us POAS buddies smile

Cookie22 Fri 18-Mar-16 16:38:26

I'm 3dpo and will probably test on Easter Sunday, which will be 12 dpo. I have a short luteal phase though so I'll be amazed if AF doesn't rock up before that! Xx

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 16:40:57

mrsmulder I purchased a clearblue monitor so I could be sure to get the high/peak/low days smile took out the guess work.

We sadly had a MC in November so have been waiting for the monitor to show that elusive smiley face... Well let's just say no issues here on DTD - DP took it very seriously lmao! We even had a duvet day...

I am really a very private person in RL, but feel totally comfortable saying we have been at it like rabbits on here

Mrsmulder Fri 18-Mar-16 19:38:18

penguins I am trying to avoid the ov sticks because I just get obsessed with it. Trying to stay relaxed but I will probably get all impatient and end up getting them again!

I had a sharp pain in my lower abdo before so I am now over analysing and thinking it could have been implantation pains. Not long before I start imagining symptoms grin

Mrsmulder Fri 18-Mar-16 19:40:43

Oh and it sounds like you are definitely covered for this month. Sorry about your miscarriage, sometimes life is so unfair!

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 19:53:42

I was very obsessed with the OPK sticks, I like the monitor as it tells me when to POAS and keeps a record, and then I log it all in my Ovia app. I don't go so nuts. I'm three days ahead of you and I've had the twinges now for 3 days.. I do hope it's a BFP for us all smile

I am very much in over analysing symptoms phase, but last time I was pregnant I had so many signs the week before - I didn't think about it so much back then but in hindsight very noticeable and there all back now. One I hadn't noticed but DP did today is that I'm eating food like it's going to disappear....

I'm also extremely sensitive to any hormonal change smile I just feel different it's strange to say that, I don't think it's all in my head :s

My biggest sign is that this evening DP poured me a glass of wine, hesitant but it's been an awful day and week plus I had a BFN this morning and figured a glass won't hurt the smell made me nauseous - went back onto the caffeine free Diet Coke - this has to be a good sign!!!

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 19:56:38

And yes we are definetly covered with DP "super sperm" yes he said that, yes I tried not to laugh, no I did not succeed...

The miscarriage was really heartbreaking but we got through it together and now we just want it to happen xx

LuckyBlackKitty Fri 18-Mar-16 19:58:30

Ohh that sounds positive penguins.
Will you hold out until Friday to test? I'm hopeful for you!

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 20:07:01

Of course I will no I will be in reality testing on Sunday

I'm trying so hard not to POAS

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 20:10:45

It all does seem so positive, it's all driving me so bonkers!!

But it's lovely to be in a group who are all about the same time! This 2WW is just horrendous! I hope it's a BFP for you lucky it's been four months for me, I can't imagine what it must be like for you - you really deserve it to be a BFP xx

Mrsmulder Fri 18-Mar-16 20:46:01

That does sound promising penguins not feeling like drinking wine or eating chocolate as been a positive sign for me in the past. This would be pregnancy number 5 for me if I am lucky this month (I have 2 children), i don't have any symptoms yet but I think it's too early.

Penguinepenguins Fri 18-Mar-16 20:56:06

I just posted in conception as I feel like I'm going nuts

Basically my big cat came for his normal snuggles of an evening looked at me very perplexed and started sniffing me, face, arms, legs before settling down went for a wee he followed me then jumped straight back up in "his" spot has buggered of now as I'm sure more exciting cat things to do but that was very strange

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now