Mirena Worries!

(6 Posts)
Jod1985 Tue 15-Mar-16 16:05:52

Hi guys, first time posting! Ok soooo...the Mirena. Who has it? I have had it in almost 3years. I have been have pregnancy-like symptoms recently. It's happened in the past too but they went away. I'm thinking of getting it out and maybe TTC again but I'm sort of afraid to get it out too! I can't find the strings myself - what happens if they can't find the strings either?! confused

SeriousCreativeBlock Tue 15-Mar-16 19:35:49

Hi i've had the Mirena for about 3 and a half years. I can't feel my strings either but I bet a doctor would be able to find it so don't worry.

Also I'm pretty sure pregnancy symptoms are common on the Mirena. I experience them every now and again.

gingerruthie Tue 15-Mar-16 20:15:06

Hi Jod,
I worked in family planning for ten years and had the Mirena myself. At my place of work we used an ultrasound scanner to find the coil strings when we couldn't find them in the usual way. They would get it out if the coil strings had moved into the uterus by using a special tool but usually thats not necessary.
I had the Mirena for 2 years and since having it out for the last 9 months I've been TTC with no avail. Took ages for my cycles to become regular. Now on my second month of using a clearblue fertility monitor so I can see when I'm ovulating!

Hope this helps anyway! Xx

gingerruthie Tue 15-Mar-16 20:16:35

Ps. Mirena releases progesterone so it can emulate pms/pregnancy symptoms xx

Jod1985 Tue 15-Mar-16 21:18:58

Thanks ladies! I have used Dr Google and I'm afraid it's gone "missing" and will be painful to remove. Been cramping all day long. @gingeruthie is this your first time TTC?

gingerruthie Tue 15-Mar-16 22:33:51

It is Jod. I've never been pregnant before. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now