First time OPK User seeks advice!

(9 Posts)
Parney Sun 13-Mar-16 19:32:48

Hi, currently TTC #1 and I've decided to give OPKs a try. Cycle 1 after first real period coming off the pill. These OPKs are Wednesday, Thursday and today. CD 11, 12 and 15 of an estimated 33 day cycle- FF puts O day as 17th. We've been away for a few days with no BD possible, just wondering what the OPKS mean. We DTD after today's test (which was much darker earlier before this pic)! I couldn't test or BD Friday or Saturday and I'm hoping I haven't missed O. Basically wondering after Thursday's test being so faint could I have missed out on O in between then and today? Or is there a chance that my test will get darker tomorrow? I'm so impatient. Should we BD every day from now?! Obvious answer is yes shock advice welcome! Thanks!

MissClarke86 Sun 13-Mar-16 19:35:01

I may be wrong, but think I've read that the LH hormone spikes 12-24 hours before ovulation - so if you'd already ovulated, it wouldn't have got darker. Do it!!

H0p3 Sun 13-Mar-16 20:02:00

Hi Larney. Based on the pic of today's OPK I'd say you've had a positive and will therefore O in the next 12-36 hours. I would DTD today, tomorrow and the next day just to be sure. I don't think you've missed it do you should be all good. Hope that helps!

H0p3 Sun 13-Mar-16 20:02:30

Sorry Parney blush !

Parney Sun 13-Mar-16 21:05:53

Thanks so much guys, time will tell I suppose! I'm just so unsure and double checking everything..Just have to keep at it blush I quite like the name Larney grin!

DeepFriedCamembert Mon 14-Mar-16 13:02:20

I'm a first time OPK user too, so watching with interest. I thought the second line needed to be as dark or darker than the control line. It still looks fainter to me. As I say, I'm interested to know for my own benefit. Would it be worth testing again tomorrow?

Parney Fri 18-Mar-16 12:20:34

The line was definitely darker before the pic. I'm not sure why it faded though, maybe that means something?! I tested the following day and it was much lighter, have tested again yesterday and it was visible but barely there! Confused!

DeepFriedCamembert Fri 18-Mar-16 14:55:15

I'm going to hijack your thread to ask a silly question, Parney as I'm not sure the question warrants its own thread. I bought some cheap OPK sticks online and the instructions say to dip them in a cup of urine. It's just annoying finding a receptacle, then cleaning is afterwards every time. Does anyone know why you can't just wee directly onto the stick?

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Fri 18-Mar-16 15:17:06

Because the sticks are so small that you're likely just going to piss all over them causing the test to flood and give inaccurate results. You want the urine to touch the 'dip in' bit only smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now