Could it be?

(9 Posts)
wnatalie Sat 12-Mar-16 16:35:57

The app says my period isn't due for another 2 weeks however I have irregular cycles varying between 30 days and 40 so I'm not very confident in the prediction.

I've had some unusual symptoms recently such as sore and tender boobs, peeing loads, being emotional and a larger appetite. So, I took a cheap supermarket own test on Thursday and saw a very very faint line. A few hours later I took a Clear Blue digital test and it showed Pregnant 1-2 weeks. On Friday morning I took another supermarket own test and couldn't see anything but around lunch time did another (different brand) and could see a line.

Would a chemical pregnancy show so early?? I want to believe I'm pregnant but we've been trying for so long I'm very cautious and don't want to get my hopes up.

wnatalie Sat 12-Mar-16 16:39:51

I should probably also mention that I was supposed to ovulate according to my app around the 29th February but took OPK a few days before for about a week and a half and they were all negative, I've also been monitoring my BBT but it hasn't fluctuated so I'm guessing I ovulated early??

FloralFondant Sat 12-Mar-16 16:43:05

I would disregard all the symptoms for now as these could be something and nothing..

However, you can't disregard two pregnancy tests. No matter how faint, a line is a line. And if you're only a few weeks gone then it'll be faint at the moment

Congratulations

FloralFondant Sat 12-Mar-16 16:44:27

Sorry three tests! False negatives are fairly common, false positives aren't

Loki17 Sat 12-Mar-16 16:53:46

Get yourself another digital. If it says 'pregnant' then stop testing and start celebrating!

wnatalie Sat 12-Mar-16 17:14:16

Thank you guys. I'm just worried its chemical sad but I just need to be patient I suppose X

Loki17 Sat 12-Mar-16 18:07:26

Take the test tomorrow. A 'pregnant' result or a stronger line with fmu is a bfp. If you are still getting bfp two weeks after ovulation it isn't a chemical.

FloralFondant Sat 12-Mar-16 19:37:31

Why are you thinking chemical?!

Like the others say, do one more test tomorrow and then no more tests!

10storeylovesong Mon 14-Mar-16 08:03:08

In my experience, chemicals don't tend to show up on digital as they're so much less sensitive than early response tests. It sounds like congratulations are in order!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now