Advice on chemical pregnancy

(7 Posts)
boodles101 Fri 11-Mar-16 17:39:25

Hi I posted at the beginning of last week asking thoughts on a BFP. I did several more tests that all confirmed positive however I started to bleed on Wednesday. Me and DH have decided we want to continue trying again straight away. So do I treat this like a delayed AF and take Wednesday as CD1?? Any advice would be great, thanks

CocklesandMussels Fri 11-Mar-16 17:49:44

Hi Boodles. I had a chem preg last year and treated it as a late period, and then conceived that cycle. Had a MMC unfortunately but don't see why you can't. Good luck!

Junosmum Sat 12-Mar-16 08:50:48

Yes, think of it as AF being late and count from 1st day of bleeding. Good luck.

boodles101 Sat 12-Mar-16 09:01:47

Ok thanks guys, fingers crossed for this month.

notasillysausage Sat 12-Mar-16 10:36:19

I had a chemical pregnancy the cycle before I conceived with Ds. I got my successful bfp 6 weeks after the chemical pregnancy so my cycle was delayed by 2 weeks.

Each person is different so don't be disheartened if the cycle is longer than usual but you don't get a bfp straight away.

underrugsswept Sat 12-Mar-16 10:56:03

I think I had one last month too. AF was 5 days late and I've counted my cycle from Day 1 of AF.

10storeylovesong Mon 14-Mar-16 08:06:58

I had a chemical in January after 2 years of infertility and informed my GPs advice to wait a cycle before trying again. I fell pregnant straight away again, and had another chemical. 3 weeks later and I'm still bleeding and cramping and on medication for abnormal uterine bleeding and also anaemic as a result. The gp basically said my body couldn't cope with all the hormones. I really wish I'd listened to advice and given my body chance to reset.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now