Agnus Castus and late AF

(2 Posts)
Wideawakeitsmorning Thu 10-Mar-16 14:25:03

Hi,

Long time lurker, first time poster...smile

Planning on TTC #1 in April/May. Came off pill (micogrynon 30) in December to allow a few months for cycle to get back to normal.
Till we TTC, we're using condoms.

Month 1, cycle was 31 days and month 2 and 3 were 28 days each, which I was thrilled about! Alas I am now on month 4 and CD31 with no AF...

Can't imagine that I am PG (have done a test and BFN, plus we didn't even DTD around any of my fertile days this month) but am a bit worried about where AF is. Have had symptoms I usually get in the run up to AF (feeling irritable, sore breasts, headaches) but no AF...

I did start taking Agnus Castus when I came off the pill (400mg capsule per day, so a relatively low dose compared to what some people take) as I read this helped regulate cycles coming off the pill and have been taking since then. However, I am now worried that taking AC might have messed things up (and am - perhaps irrationally - worrying that this could all mean we won't be able to start TTC when we want to) and has given me a too long cycle? It did say on the packaging that AC doesn't usually have an effect until a few months in, which is why I am worried.

Any ideas/ similar experiences? X

broodypsycho Thu 10-Mar-16 18:55:42

You've just came off the pill so your body would be all over anyway. Me personally i would have left it a month so my cycle to get back to normal before taking any agnus cactus. Agnus is meant to shorten long cycles and make short cycles longer however I've heard if u already have regular cycles Agnus can mess it up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now