Don't understand my cycle..or anything else 😫

(7 Posts)
Actorgirl3 Sat 05-Mar-16 14:27:41

Hi ladies my OT and I have been actively trying for over a year, went to the gp recently for initial tests- his spree count is fine and the blood test suggested that I had ovulated that month so they didn't seem to concerned. However I've been using the ovulation sticks from day 8 of my cycle to day 15 and I've never had a definite sign that I'm ovulating, I've also been checking the cervical signs and again nothing too definite, my cycle is 28 days but today on day 21 I am spotting and feeling crampy. I'm starting to feel very frustrated that I don't even understand my cycle and therefore have no idea what's going on I'd really appreciate some advise and why oh why am I a week early?! Thank you all xx

LlamaLover Sat 05-Mar-16 15:27:52

It's perfectly possible and normal to ovulate after day 15 - is there a reason you stopped taking ovulation tests then?

No idea why your period could be early - it could be any number of things.

It's also possible that the spotting is implantation bleeding and doesn't turn into a period but into a positive pregnancy test. You never know! Best of luck

Actorgirl3 Sat 05-Mar-16 15:58:14

Thank you, the reason I stopped after day 15 is because my cycle was 28 days so judging by ovulation calendars I should ovulate sometime between day 10-14 x

BoBo90 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:16:40

Ovulation calendars are based on an average cycle. You could naturally ovulate after day 15 and have a short luteal phase as everyone is different. If the doctors say you ovulated this sounds very likely.

I agree with the other poster about the spotting possibly being implantation bleeding if you had unprotected sex throughout the whole month. Wait until Af is late and then take a test smile

If you don't get your bfp then next cycle trying using opks all the way through the cycle to find out when you are ovulating. Good luck x

Actorgirl3 Sat 05-Mar-16 18:33:02

Thank you I will take a test every day next month then and try and figure it out, and yes lots of unprotected sex this month lol, not convinced I'm pregnant though feels very period like xxx

emwithme Sat 05-Mar-16 18:43:48

My cycle is 28/29 days. I never ovulate before day 20, and it's more usually day 21/22.

Actorgirl3 Sat 05-Mar-16 20:21:59

That's good to know thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now