Thought I was coming on my period only to find out I'm pregnant!

(5 Posts)
Laurie3277 Sat 05-Mar-16 11:33:53

My husband and I had been ttc for 1 year and 5 months with no luck. We had all the scans and specimen tests that all came back normal but we still couldn't get pregnant. I have an Underactive Thyroid that makes me have irregular periods so it was harder than usual to try and track my ovulation etc. Every month that passed with negative test after negative test I was starting to accept that it could be a while before I caught. Last month I genuinely thought I was pregnant, I think my mind was playing tricks on me because I took a couple tests that were negative and then of course I came on my period. So this month I was expecting to come on my period because I was getting all the classic symptoms that I get whenever I get my period (tender nipples, mood swings, increased appetite, cramps all week before I'm due on) so today I was due on my period I wasn't going to take a test because I was so positive I was going to come on my period but I had a feeling to take a test...... I took the test (which was a cheap £1 test), set it aside, did a few things while waiting for the result..... I looked at the test and I thought no this can't be right, it was positive!!!! I burst into tears because It was finally happening after waiting so long! Has anyone else had an experience like this? Sorry about rambling on I just like to be detailed lol.

Quoteunquote Sat 05-Mar-16 11:49:47

Massive congratulations.

Osirus Sat 05-Mar-16 12:48:43

You must be so happy! I had similar, after IVF. I was convinced it hadn't worked as I had the same symptoms I get before AF, including cramps. I couldn't believe it when the nurse called to say I was pregnant! So I can completely understand how you feel after trying so long. Congratulations!

Osirus Sat 05-Mar-16 12:49:23

25 weeks now and I still can't believe it!

LlamaLover Sat 05-Mar-16 15:46:52

Congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now