Having a total panic and don't know what to do...

(5 Posts)
Grrl Mon 29-Feb-16 12:39:28

...sorry for starting a new thread but I wasn't sure where to post this and I have a meeting in 45 minutes and I'm currently freaking out in a toilet cubicle :-(

I have PCOS and hubby and I have been trying to conceive for almost two years now. My last period started on 8th Feb, and then around the 20th my breasts felt really achy and I felt generally a bit funny. I'm pretty impatient, so I did a First Response test on Friday (I know it was way too early), which was negative. Then I had this really sharp pain in my left ovary area earlier this morning, like being poked with a pin or something, and now I'm bleeding very, very lightly. I've never really had a proper cycle before so I don't know if I'm pregnant, getting my period (like a week early?!) or (and I know this is probably just me being a bit paranoid) having an early miscarriage. And since the symptoms for all three appear to be exactly the same, I'm just tying myself in knots :-(((

Sorry this is turned into an epic ranty essay, I'm probably just being a paranoid arse, but any advice would be very welcome :-/ xxx

Chocolatteaddict1 Mon 29-Feb-16 12:48:03

Try and calm down op go wash your face or rinse your wrists under the tap as I always find that calming.

You won't know anything untill closer to your AF date. It could be anything but I don't think it's an early miscarriage as you would have had to have a positive test result. If the pregnancy hormone is there it will show up.

I get spikes pains all the time around ovulation.

Demoiselle Mon 29-Feb-16 12:50:36

Hey

I'm going through pretty much the same... I felt what you feel... Only my pain was on right and an ache going across to middle....I'm putting mine down to ovulation.... Saves the disappointment

I hope you feel better soon.

Sorry I'm a bit rubbish at advicethanks

Finola1step Mon 29-Feb-16 12:55:18

Oh you poor thing.

It really could be anything but I doubt it is an early miscarriage because of your dates.

Our cycles can be funny old things. I found out that even though I had a regular 28 day cycle for years, I was actually ovulating around the day 17/18 mark rather than 14.

So it could be an early period or it could even be an implantation bleed. Keep clam, carry on and time will soon tell.

Grrl Mon 29-Feb-16 18:08:53

Thanks for your responses guys. I know I'm just being completely irrational but it feels like we've been trying forever and I obsess over everything.

Anyway, I feel much better after reading your messages (I also bought a sizeable bar of chocolate on my way home which has probably helped!) and am just going to wait and see what happens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now