To test or not to test?

(6 Posts)
MyBreadIsEggy Thu 25-Feb-16 15:44:09

Hi all smile
I had my implant removed the second week of January in order to ttc #2. I haven't had a period, or bleeding of any description since then, and had a positive result on an ovulation test the last week of January. Still no period, so I tested 2 weeks after the positive ovulation test and it was negative. I've still not had a period 4 weeks after the positive ovulation test. Is it too early for me to test again?
Surely if I ovulated on the 29th/30th January but didn't conceive, then I should have had a period by now?! And there's been lots of baby-making sex going on ever since my implant was removed.
Sorry for waffling, but it's so frustrating not knowing what's going on with my own body!
Would your another test now that it's 4 weeks since ovulation?? Or wait a bit longer??

Loki17 Fri 26-Feb-16 06:24:38

I would test. Good luck flowers

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 26-Feb-16 06:31:56

I really want to....but don't want to be disappointed again sad when I was pregnant with DD, I got a few negative tests before I got a positive at about 5 weeks, so I'm hoping this is the same thing!

IThoughtItWasAFart Fri 26-Feb-16 06:32:58

Then don't test.

sammylou1 Fri 26-Feb-16 07:02:53

You could be pg with a late showing test, but also you may just not have ovulated yet after coming off bc. A positive opk does not confirm that you actually ovulated, only that you had a LH surge. This can happen, but no egg is released. Also if this was the case and you haven't done LH tests since then you could have had another surge a few weeks later where you actually did ovulate, and therefore it's too early to test! So basically you'll just have to wait. Not very helpful really am I. Sorry! Xx

MyBreadIsEggy Fri 26-Feb-16 07:15:53

sammy I really hope that's not the case, but I did think it was weird to have a positive opk so soon after implant removal...but then again, I didn't know whether my body was just thinking "ooo! No contraception!! It's party time, lets ovulate!" confused
I think I will test this weekend, and if it's negative again, then we will just keep dtd and I'll probably do more opks (I've got an embarrassing stash in my bathroom cabinet blush)
I'm getting so frustrated purely because I fell so easily with DD - I was pregnant about 3 weeks after my last implant was removed, so naively assumed it would be that fast this time hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now