home donor insemination eeeek!!

(9 Posts)
ooharmehearties Wed 24-Feb-16 12:05:12

So, I'm 43 and have been attempting home donor insemination for many months. This month I'd pretty much written it off and resolved to get fertility checks. Then this happened. I am gobsmacked, excited and very scared ( because of higher risk of miscarriage due to age). I'll pop over to over 40's thread but need someone to witness so I'm not dreaming!
Bloody ruddy blimey heck!

ooharmehearties Wed 24-Feb-16 12:07:02

I'm single btw. Not sure what I'm meant to do next. Too early for midwife appt? I feel all floaty and unreal at the moment

Kewcumber Wed 24-Feb-16 12:08:39

Congratulations. No. I have no idea what you do next either as I adopted but I'm sure someone will wander along shortly who does know.

JellyBaby26 Wed 24-Feb-16 12:17:55

Congrats!! Must be an amazing feeling! thanks

You could contact your GP surgery and they will tell you how they do things.

Where I am you do t need to see a GP at all but it may be different because of your age? Either way, I'd call and find out!

ooharmehearties Wed 24-Feb-16 14:32:01

Thanks. It has been a hard and emotional journey. I don't want to get too excited because it's so early.
I phoned gps and I book straight in with mw, and they will phone me to give appointment.

I went this unconventional route to motherhood when I realised my need to be a mother was stronger than finding a partner. And I felt I didn't have time due to age.

Kewcumber Wed 24-Feb-16 15:06:11

Been there! Now still happily single at 51 with a 10 year old.

ooharmehearties Wed 24-Feb-16 15:34:48

smilesmilesmile Kew

dontaskdonttell Wed 24-Feb-16 15:41:57

Congratulations that's wonderful news!! How exciting for you.

Fingers crossed it all goes well for you thanks

StorkAhoy Wed 23-Mar-16 09:18:36

Congratulations! Hoping it all goes well! Would you mind sharing the procurement process? I'm looking at this or going to a clinic..not sure what to do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now