Is this ovulation test positive or negative?

(12 Posts)
flanjabelle Mon 22-Feb-16 21:20:35

Hiya, sorry if it's a daft question, I'm new to testing. I can't work out if the line is dark enough to be a positive or not. I have increased cm, but I'm not long off the mini pill so I'm not sure whats what really.

Could someone take a look for me please? Thanks very much.

DrMum83 Mon 22-Feb-16 21:30:35

I'd say negative but building up to a positive (if this is the darkest you've got this cycle) The test line should be the same/darker than control line to be a positive. I'd still dtd now and test again mid morning after holding your bladder for a few hours. Good luck!

BoBo90 Mon 22-Feb-16 21:31:26

Hi, that's a negative result I'm afraid. To be positive it has to be as dark as/darker than the control line. It can be confusing at first but keep testing several times a day and you will know when it's dark enough smile good luck! X

FuzzyOwl Mon 22-Feb-16 21:32:48

That is negative. A positive looks like this.

flanjabelle Mon 22-Feb-16 21:34:52

I did one a few days ago and it was lighter than that. Should I test every day? I'm not sure even if I'm pregnant already to be honest. My cycle is all up the spout from the pill. I can't bring myself to do a pregnancy test as I feel like I must be kidding myself, but I have been feeling off the last couple of days. I have gone off foods like I did first time round. My boobs are fine though and it was the boobs that were my first sign last time. Stupid pill, I wish I knew what was happening with my body!

Thank you for having a look for me. I didn't have to do all this for dd, I fell pregnant from one accident despite having pcos. I just can't see myself being so lucky this time.

FuzzyOwl Mon 22-Feb-16 21:36:46

I am certain you are not pregnant, purely because when you are you always get a positive opk (the opk test cannot differentiate between hcg and lh). Some people, like me, get differing strength lines through the cycle whereas others get a build up of a line gradually being darker.

flanjabelle Mon 22-Feb-16 21:37:36

Sorry xpost. Several times a day? Oh dear I didn't realise you needed to do them that often!

flanjabelle Mon 22-Feb-16 21:38:46

Thanks fuzzy that's helpful. We dtd earlier anyway so if it's building up to a positive we are doing all we can.

FuzzyOwl Mon 22-Feb-16 21:43:01

You don't need to do them several times a day but some women have a very short lh surge and it means they can miss it if they only test once. If you aren't at all sure when you ovulate, I would recommend testing around 1pm, 6pm and before you go to bed. Good luck.

WifOfBif Mon 22-Feb-16 21:43:45

If you test mid morning and late afternoon you should catch your surge. My positives were always around 5pm. Test a few times a day until you get used to it. Good luck!

flanjabelle Mon 22-Feb-16 22:01:54

Thank you so much for the advice. When I bought them I thought it would be as simple as a pregnancy test, I feel a bit naive now! Thanks for helping me.

FuzzyOwl Mon 22-Feb-16 23:15:04

Usually with these Internet cheapies, the advice is to test in the afternoon and evening. Whereas other OPKs you test in the morning.

I have had my surge start at any time in a 24 period but you will quickly pick up when to start testing and what to look out for. They are really simple to use, but you just need lots more than a pregnancy test.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now