Testing too early!

(17 Posts)
jem06 Tue 16-Feb-16 09:40:52

I have had pregnancy symptoms for a few days, and have done numerous tests, all resulting in BFN. AF is due in 2 days, but I'm thinking that I'm not pregnant if it's negative now!

We are trying for our second baby and it is only the second month of trying, however it took 15 months with our first. I also have a history of miscarriages. It's so frustrating! Family members are friends get pregnant after 1 month of trying, and it just takes me forever!! Does anyone have any experiences of clearblue being negative 1-2 days before AF? I have also used Asda ones with the same result.

This is my first post, so be kind. X

charlottexox Tue 16-Feb-16 16:00:01

Hi hun,
I understand your struggle - it took me 3 years to get pregnant. Always got upset when a friend or family member announced their pregnancy.
I did have the experience with the clearblue one, I tested 3 days before AF and got a negative, it was actually because I was silly and tested late at night when I had drank a lot of water in the day, so it diluted my urine.
Believe it or not but I got my BFP with ebay pregnancy tests!! wink
I bought 3 for £1.99 and as soon as they arrived in the morning I went straight to the bathroom, and I was sceptical at first considering they were from ebay and so cheap, but the two lines appeared and I was just in shock grin I'm almost 13 weeks pregnant now. I did use the ebay tests when I was 9 days late.
I say, wait about 7 days and test again! Let me know how you get on, I understand it's frustrating but I'm sure you will get your BFP sooner or later wink.

jem06 Tue 16-Feb-16 16:09:11

Thank you! It makes me feel better that others are in the same boat. I'm so pleased that you finally got there!! I'll keep you posted.

X

Writerwannabe83 Tue 16-Feb-16 20:22:54

I was using the 'get a result four days before your period is due' type tests and repeatedly got BFNs. I didn't get my BFP until my period was a day late and even then it was only a faint line.

Good luck flowers

jem06 Tue 16-Feb-16 20:43:53

Thank you! There's still help until my period is due then!! X

cluelessfirsttimer1 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:12:04

I tested with a 2 for £3.50 Morrisons one and got a BFP straight away. This was on day 28 of a 31-35 day cycle. I didn't believe it as it was a 'cheapie' and wanted to retest. Either way, I then done the typical thing of thinking that more expensive tests would be more accurate so took a normal clear blue test the same night and got a tiny faint positive which I wouldn't have even looked close enough to notice had I not just done the cheapie test. First thing the next morning I done a digital and got a positive 2 weeks pregnant test. Basically what I am saying is that I am definitely with Charlotte and that cheapie tests are just as good, and the clear blue digital are a waste as at the time I was actually already 5 weeks pregnant

cluelessfirsttimer1 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:15:33

I have since found out after having my scan that the 'period' I had before that was just implantation bleeding and even then the clear blue was so faint that most people wouldn't have noticed it. Be patient, and don't waste your money on expensive tests. If you don't get a positive this month, stock up on a bulk package from EBay and they will do u just fine.
Fingers crossed for you this month tho smile

jem06 Tue 16-Feb-16 21:36:43

Thank you! I've just ordered some then. Spent a fortune on clear blue and feel very annoyed. Will keep you posted, but pretty sure AF will arrive tomorrow. Congratulations on your pregnancies! :-) You've given me hope X

jem06 Wed 17-Feb-16 19:34:46

Period came - booooooo! X

Whatdoidohelp Wed 17-Feb-16 19:38:00

Going forward don't test until period is due. All it does is make you crazy and stressed which is just counterproductive. Ignore everybody else aswell. You've only just started trying, relax a bit!

jem06 Wed 17-Feb-16 19:54:02

Will do. Thank you for your advice. I'm just very impatient. My partner keeps telling me to relax about it as well! There's always next month hey X

charlottexox Thu 18-Feb-16 20:43:41

Ah!! There is always next month hun wink. I was always told "the more you think about it, it won't happen" - which I believe! I was so desperate for my BFP that in the end I just thought "maybe it just isn't meant to be" then boooooom got my BFP wink
sending baby dust to you! flowers

jem06 Thu 10-Mar-16 22:16:31

3 days before I'm expecting my period. Result within 5 minutes. Not sure what to make of it??

Leeann76 Fri 11-Mar-16 00:34:12

Hi all, Can any body see a faint second line? Driving myself crazy x

Leeann76 Fri 11-Mar-16 00:36:49

Hi all please tell me how many lines you see, another 10 days before dueon period!!!

Monstamio Fri 11-Mar-16 14:13:32

That looks positive to me, Jem! Congratulations!

Leeann, if you're not due your period for another 10 days then you're testing way too early I'm afraid. Give it at least a week and try again.

jem06 Fri 11-Mar-16 17:01:12

Thank you for your support! I am over the moon. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now