Help! Ive gone test mad!

(13 Posts)
Chocoholicmonster Mon 15-Feb-16 22:38:56

We've been trying to conceive for three months after a miscarriage 18 months ago. This month I've found it absolutely impossible to wait. I'm due on any day now. I've been testing (thankfully cheap ones) multiple times as day & I know tats unreasonable sad The desperation to get pregnant is pathetic. I know I've been testing too early but I just can't help myself. Please someone talk some sense into me. I know when my period arrives this month I'm going to be gutted & I've brought that on myself by becoming mildly obsessed sad

Becciilouisex3 Mon 15-Feb-16 22:50:38

I know exactly how you feel because I had to force myself to calm down and wait!

The best advice I can give you is that you want to become pregnant and seeing that positive means everything to you. Every time you test in an unviable way, you're getting a negative that may or may not be correct. That will devastate you every time even if you're testing early and there's every chance you're not pregnant!

I know it's easier said than done but I was so desperate to get pregnant I was constantly symptom spotting and wanting to test. It wasn't until the month I relaxed that I actually concieved!

A stressful mommy is not a great environment for little baba to be growing In and stress is damaging for you, your fertility and little baba if you're really stressing out.

Don't upset yourself by seeing negatives because you haven't tested accurately. You will stress out which is bad for you and your fertility and if you are actually pregnant, the stress isn't good for baba.

x

Becciilouisex3 Mon 15-Feb-16 22:51:30

Every chance you are pregnant sorry!

Chocoholicmonster Mon 15-Feb-16 23:05:22

Thanks so much for your reply. It helps to just be reassured I'm not the only one who's going themselves a bit caught up with it all when trying to conceive. I know realistically no amount of testing, date checking, googling will help - when the time is right, it'll happen. I'm just so bloody impatient! Haha smile

Congratulations on conceiving - when are you due or have you already had your little one? x

Becciilouisex3 Mon 15-Feb-16 23:37:34

That's no problem it happens to all of us when we really want to conceive!!

I actually only conceived last month so I'm 5+3 as of midnight! Seems to be going so slowly!

Trust me once you conceive (and you will!) you can try and rest easy again. I can't imagine how horrendous it was for you to go through what you did and I'm terrified myself for the first 12 weeks having never experienced that but you have every chance of having a healthy baba if you take it as easy as possible smile

Are you on any prenatal vitamins? They do recommend taking them whilst TTC so that you're keeping baba ripped up with all their vitamins, folic acid etc. Apparently taking them CAN lower your risk of miscarriage by 50%! x

IThoughtItWasAFart Tue 16-Feb-16 07:46:31

It's not pathetic in the slightest. Especially given your loss 18 months ago.

I'm test crazy trying for number 3 so I have no excuse.

At the moment I'm going test crazy with clear blue digital ovulation tests and freaking out that I don't ovulate ever. Despite my rational mind reminding me that I have two children already and I'm only on CD8. hmm

You are not test crazy at all. You are passionate about what you want. Test away.

Good luck. Xx

Writerwannabe83 Tue 16-Feb-16 07:59:14

I love test crazy people!!!!

When I was TTC my son I was testing about 3 times a day from 7dpo too grin

AliceScarlett Tue 16-Feb-16 13:15:49

There is no evidence that being anxious or stressed effects fertility. Depression yes, anxious no. So you can relax on that front smile

Chocoholicmonster Thu 18-Feb-16 17:38:15

Thank you all for your support, words of encouragement & advice. I did a test again after work today (5 days late for my period today) & a veryyy faint line has appeared! I'm trying so hard not to get too carried away & will test again in the morning x

AliceScarlett Thu 18-Feb-16 17:52:18

Ooo good luck xx

Littlemisssugarplum88 Thu 18-Feb-16 18:31:18

Aww you're not going to be able to sleep tonight and it's going to drag until the morning is here hehe.
I wish you the best of luck xx

Oooblimey Fri 19-Feb-16 17:46:49

Step away from the tests!! lol!

Although in 2013 when I was test crazy I was delighted and shocked to get BFP a whole week before AF was due! Ended up saving my life because on the day AF was due I ended up in emergency surgery for ruptured ectopic! I knew what it was straight away as I knew I had tested positive so early.

But on the negative, last year I got pregnant again, and, due to being paranoid about miscarriage, was testing 3 times a day. An hour before my scan I was showing strong positve but there was no heartbeat. My advise is that once you get that BFP, STEP AWAY FROM THE TESTS LOL!!

Good Luck xx

sheila26 Fri 19-Feb-16 23:25:15

It's so hard to think about anything else! I totally understand. Limit yourself to one test a day as the hormone doubles in 24 -48 hours i believe. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now