Help! Temp spike but I don't think I ovulated

(14 Posts)
Whyissheontheship Sun 14-Feb-16 09:15:28

My normal cycle is around 32 days ovulation around day 20.

This month I had a temp spike of around 0.4 at day 12 which sustained until day 15 (today). However I had no fertile CM, and my boobs are not sore at all and they usually are after ovulation.

The only thing I can think is I got a new (really cosy!) duvet the day before my temp 'spike' could this raise my temp 0.4 deg? Is that possible?

Tryingtowait Sun 14-Feb-16 09:30:08

No idea sorry but watching as I was just going to ask similar. I'm on cd11 and I've had a spike for 2 days but no cm. It's only my first month charting though so no idea what's normal.

Hope you get your answer soon.

Whyissheontheship Sun 14-Feb-16 17:21:31

Bump

MagpieCursedTea Sun 14-Feb-16 17:36:13

I had a temp spike today too and as I'm currently taking norethisterone there's no way I could've ovulated.
Random temps do happen sometimes, which is why you need at least 3 above the cover line to confirm ovulation.
There are a few things that can effect your temp results. I get a spike just before getting a cold even if I don't have a fever as such. Taking it later than normal (if I have a lie in) can effect it too. Nearly half a degree does seem a lot just for a new quilt but it could explain it. I think you'll just have to see what your temps do over the next few days and maybe try sleeping without the new quilt if your temps stay up to see if it makes a difference.

MagpieCursedTea Sun 14-Feb-16 17:37:07

Sorry just read again and see your temp has sustained. Try without the quilt and see what happens!

cockermum85 Sun 14-Feb-16 17:40:06

Hey, I'm not 100% convinced by the temperature tracking, mine seeks a little all over the place, but it does sit a little higher on my day of OV.
I use OPKs to track - I have the One Step ones which I get in a bulk pack of 59 from Amazon, usually costs around £6. They work pretty well but I do test twice a day on the run up to OV (I have quite irregular cycles 30-60 days).
However, and for what it is worth, I've never noticed a significant change in CM and don't think I've ever spotted EWCM - I do check for it but never had much luck tracking it.

Whyissheontheship Sun 14-Feb-16 18:17:03

Thanks for the info!

I'll get some opk strips, they seem a lot more trustworthy! If I get them in a couple of days I'll be able to do them on days 18-22 and see what my temp does/compared with opk.

I do usually get a small amount of EWCM the day before my ovulation spike. But it's minimal.

I guess if it is the duvet then it will rise another 0.4 degree on day 20 or if I get my period or BFP in 10 days time I'll know I ovulated on day 11. Only time will tell I guess.

Whyissheontheship Sun 14-Feb-16 18:19:53

Also my duvet went from an old 4tog double duvet which usually ended up being stolen halfway through the night to a 9tog feather superking duvet which is huge and not getting stolen so who knows!

cockermum85 Sun 14-Feb-16 18:35:09

Yeah I know what you mean about the change in duvet etc. My hubby was away last week and I was in the bed on my own. I was convinced this would 'cool me down' but i didn't notice any real changes. And some days i wake up feeling cold and but my temp read a little higher! Very odd! How long have you been TTC?

X

Whyissheontheship Sun 14-Feb-16 19:08:56

This will be my 4th cycle

Whyissheontheship Mon 15-Feb-16 08:18:30

In case anyone if following this, last night I slept without my new duvet and this morning my temp was back to my normal baseline. So there we go the new duvet did cause the temp spike!

cockermum85 Mon 15-Feb-16 20:18:18

Interesting! Thanks for keeping us updated! It makes you think doesn't it... Maybe my hubby (and the odd occasion when the dog is on the bed - shameful I know) will affect it too!

Whyissheontheship Tue 16-Feb-16 13:28:17

I feel much more in touch with my body these days. I just felt like I hadn't ovulated as the signs just didn't add up. Which is a bit mad really. I have never in my life felt in touch with my cycles they were more of an inconvenience. Last night I slept with new duvet but had it half on half off and my temp was up a little but not too high. FF keeps changing its mind but I'm hoping I'll get a nice spike on CD21 as normal.

Makes me think I could never go back to the pill!

cockermum85 Tue 16-Feb-16 13:46:57

I think I get this. I've been off the pill 4 months now and I LOVE it. I feel things I've never felt! I don't think im quite where you are but I'm noticing subtler things which feels nice! In a weird way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now