Norethisterone to help conceive? Confused

(3 Posts)
crazymare20 Fri 12-Feb-16 18:42:05

Hi everyone, I am hoping some of you lovely ladies can help me. Me and my oh have been trying to conceive now for nearly 6 months. I have not had a period in this time. I have had blood tests which came back in normal range however my testosterone levels were slightly high. My scan showed a few follicles on my left ovary but everything else is in order. I have been to the Gynaecology clinic today at the local hospital and I have been prescribed Norethisterone which I have to take 3 times a day for 3 weeks. After reading the leaflet if says not to take when trying to conceive. I did ask if I could start clomid which I was refused. Anyone had any experience of this drug helping fertility. Confused.com

Norris88 Fri 12-Feb-16 19:14:35

Hi I'm not sure I can really help you but hoping someone can! I took this pill to delay my period whilst in honeymoon and within 16 hour of taking the last tablet my period started. The only reason I can think they would give you this is they hope it'll kick start your system naturally.
It's not much help and hope someone can offer you some answers x

VimFuego101 Fri 12-Feb-16 19:21:07

It is used to delay periods (or control when they arrive). I assume they're hoping that once you stop taking it, your period will start. There are certain tests they need to do on certain days of your cycle, so I assume they're trying to speed things up and get to day 1 of your cycle so they can get started on running tests.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now