First IVF attempt

(7 Posts)
Hopefull81 Wed 10-Feb-16 15:24:21

Hi every, I am currently on day 5 of my menopur injection and have my "action" scan on the 12/02/16. This is my first round of IVF and would appreciate chatting to anyone who is also going through this just now. I am feeling anxious as at my baseline scan a week ago there were only 2 folicles present on my right side, none visible on left.

Junosmum Wed 10-Feb-16 16:02:00

No advice but good luck.

sammylou1 Wed 10-Feb-16 17:21:16

Hi hopeful, pop over to a thread titled 'ttc10 months and the rest, ten plussers welcome' there are lots of us at various stages of the IVF process and the ladies are a fountain of knowledge. I'm on holiday atm but will be back to posting frequently next week. Xx

Hopefull81 Wed 10-Feb-16 18:05:19

Thanks sammylou1, I'm new to this so hopefully I'll find the thread xxx

whynogutfeeling Wed 10-Feb-16 18:06:57

Ask away. I conceived on my 1st IVF cycle 4 years ago and had become quite knowledgable on it all! I've also done an FET cycle.

Hopefull81 Wed 10-Feb-16 18:25:02

Hi whynogutfeeling

My situation is following 6 months on clomid with no success we have finally started our IVF journey. Prior to my egg count test everything else had implied unexplained infertility, however we have since found out my ovarian reserve is low. This news was devastating as I am still only 34.

Following 2 weeks on Buserelin spray we went for my baseline scan which only showed 2 folicles. I guess because my ovarian reserve is low then this shouldn't have been a shock but I am now really anxious that I am not going to produce any eggs.

Thinking a crystal ball would be good X

Osirus Wed 10-Feb-16 22:12:26

Hi. My first round of IVF worked and am now 21 weeks pregnant. I had 10 follicles and they obtained 8 eggs. I worried that wasn't enough but it really does depend more on quality. It only takes one good one. Out of my embryos, only one was a good grade and I had two transferred.

I worried about the egg collection procedure but it was fine.

Good luck with your treatment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now