Nearly 38 and need some help

(7 Posts)
Summeblaze Fri 29-Jan-16 23:43:21

I'm nearly 38 yo and am ttc #4. AF has just started up after 4 cycles.

My first DC is nearly 12, DC2 is 8 and DC 3 is nearly 4. I took 6 months ttc DC1 when i was 26 yo, 6 months ttc DC2 (with one m/c) when I was 29 yo and 11 months ttc DC3 (with two m/c's) when I was 34 yo.

Anyone have any great tips to help conceive. I think I need all the help I can get.

Mimilicious013 Sat 30-Jan-16 07:40:58

Wow summe,you have yourself a lovely family.good luck on the ttc journey and i would say dtd as often as possible if u can.im 35 and have been actively trying with no avail for 7cycles.so here i s hoping luck is on your side.

Summeblaze Sat 30-Jan-16 08:36:36

I know I'm lucky to have the DC I do have but I would prefer an even number as I do find there is always an odd one out.

Obviously fertility can decrease as you get older so wondered if did every day or every other day would be best.

Any tips on food to eat etc. I didn't really worry about it a few years ago. I suppose I'm bothered because of my advancing age.

AliceScarlett Sat 30-Jan-16 08:51:47

I found "The impatient woman's guide to getting pregnant" very helpful smile

Mimilicious013 Sat 30-Jan-16 09:53:28

I would not worry too much dear.there is a lady on a thread im on who is 38 but got her bfp faster than the younger ladies.so best of luck.i started taking baby aspirin just this past month(if that helps )

prettywhiteguitar Sat 30-Jan-16 09:56:46

Every other day is recommended by doctors ( if you can be arsed !) especially if you're not sure when you ovulate, I also used preseed, that's a sperm friendly lube grin

All very romantic hey !

Mimilicious013 Sat 30-Jan-16 10:13:35

I would not worry too much dear.there is a lady on a thread im on who is 38 but got her bfp faster than the younger ladies.so best of luck.i started taking baby aspirin just this past month(if that helps )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now