13 DPO roughly am I out?

(10 Posts)
gabrielle1201 Fri 29-Jan-16 10:06:51

I am currently 13DPO today / CD 33/31 so my period is late. I have taken a 10mül tests every other day and have gotten negative throughout. I have not had any menstrual cramps at all only what can be described as a twinge in my right pelvic area. I have been checking my cervix regularly and it has been high since I had gotten my second peak on 15th of Jan. It has been also leaning towards my bum or curved/ tilted at the top so I couldn't really feel the opening but it doesn't feel firm or soft it's in between. I had gotten two peaks in my cycle using CB OPK before I had ran out. I had b'd on 2,3,7,8,9,10,12,14,15,16 of Jan. Got my two peaks on 9th and 15th of Jan so I made the most of the high and peaks. I have been getting cramps in my pelvic area rather than my stomach which I would be used to. Other symptoms I have had include sensitive nipples, and sore when lying or checking my breasts which I never get before AF, my areola is darkening slowly. Had the usual headaches, backache, feeling hungry but not eating as much, bad mood swings and fatigue but my CM has been milky/watery after predicted O. My question is has anyone had these symptoms and gotten a BFN at 13 DPO and still got a BFP later in the cycle? Many thanks!

Celen Fri 29-Jan-16 16:20:38

You're not out til AF arrives smile I posted this on another thread a little while ago to help myself understand about implantation:

Timing of Implantation

A pregnancy test detects the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) either in the blood or in the urine. The hCG in the urine comes from the hCG in the blood after it was filtered through the kidney. After ovulation, the egg gets fertilized and travels through the fallopian tube toward the uterus. This travel takes an average of a week. Implantation, the attachment of the fertilized egg in the lining of the uterus, occurs on average about a week or later after ovulation/fertilization, but it can happen as early as six days and as late as 12 days after fertilization/ovulation. At the time of implantation the placenta starts making the pregnancy hormone hCG, which then enters the blood stream. How early pregnancy can be detected depends on the pregnancy hormone hcG which can be detected in the blood about three to four days after implantation. Urine hCG can be detected about two to three days after blood hCG can first be seen. Detection of hCG depends on timing of implantation, so hCG can normally be detected in the blood between nine and 16 days after ovulation (HPT: 12-19 days after ovulation).

So, to sum things up, some women may not experience implantation bleeding (if they experience it) until 12DPO. After that, the HCG hormone detected in early pregnancy tests wouldn't be able to be detected for another 5 days or so. This means that some women wouldn't get their BFP until 19DPO.

So there's always hope smile

gabrielle1201 Fri 29-Jan-16 16:51:05

Thank you very much ! I shall keep the faith x

Junosmum Fri 29-Jan-16 19:56:41

I had a 2 day cycle, 13DPO I got a negative test, day before period was due. 14 DPO, day period was due I got the faintest of faint lines, that faint line is now 4 weeks old!

Mimilicious013 Sat 30-Jan-16 07:54:35

Good luck gabrielle hope u get your wanted bfp.
Thanks celen for the information,it gives all of us hope.Im on cd33 of a27-28 usual cycle that had lately been even shorter but just got a bfn!

gabrielle1201 Sun 31-Jan-16 10:35:43

As I had written this post I got what appears to be AF although my cervix is still high, and tilted and open. The bleed isn't very much but at least I can try again. Good luck to you all!

gabrielle1201 Sun 31-Jan-16 16:27:24

It's only lasted like 1 and a half day. Is that bad? :| light - medium blood took the whole day to fill a tampon...

Celen Sun 31-Jan-16 17:42:22

I'm not sure it's "bad" as such gabrielle but is be tempted to test again with fmu tomorrow and if bleeding doesn't return, maybe make an appt with the doctor?

gabrielle1201 Mon 01-Feb-16 17:33:01

Negative test. Going to make a doctor apt.

Whatdoidohelp Mon 01-Feb-16 17:44:08

Please don't make a doctors appointment. GPs are stretches enough as it is! It's winter ffs! they will not do a blood test. Be patient. You're not out yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now