TTC #3 after mc- ovulation question

(8 Posts)
AmyB1986 Mon 25-Jan-16 08:15:26

Hi all, I had a mc at around 5-6 weeks, unsure of my dates though I I hadn't had af since July when my depo injection ran out. I started bleeding 15 days ago and found out midway that I was pregnant.
During the scan they picked up a 6cm cyst which they said was dues to the pregnancy hormones and should disappear by itself.
I've been using IC HPT's to watch the hcg levels drop in my urine over the last few day and yesterday it was so feint you had to squint to see it.
My first question is; I took a OPK which was positive, could that still be positive because of the residual hcg?
And secondly; I know everyone is different but for the ladies who have experienced this, how long did it take you to have af and true positives on OPK's?
I know this has probably been asked a lot but I'm kind of getting myself in a tiz and just waiting for it all to be over so me and DH can try again.
We've not DTD since the week before I started to miscarrying and I'm kinda scared.
Thanks in advance...
Amy x

AmyB1986 Mon 25-Jan-16 08:32:23

This is my HPT top this morning and my OPK from this morning. The OPKs measure far less hormone in the urine than the HPT. The HPT measure 10 and the OPK measures 20. I don't know if this means I'm gearing up to ovulate or whether it's still pregnancy hormone from my mc. Would have thought the OPK wouldn't be positive now.
Oh I don't know getting all worked up!

JoMalones Mon 25-Jan-16 08:55:06

Hi. An opk shows pregnancy hormones so most likely that's why you've got the line on both. It took 4 weeks for me to get a bfn, 2 weeks after retained product had all gone.

AmyB1986 Mon 25-Jan-16 09:03:32

Ok thank you, I thought that was the most likely cause. Should get my beta hcg results today.
Just want to see a negative for a change not a positive.

JoMalones Mon 25-Jan-16 09:43:25

I know, it was weird waiting for a bfn and getting upset with bfps. I. Back again now hoping for bfp.
Hope your levels clear soon.

AmyB1986 Mon 25-Jan-16 10:01:51

Fingers crossed for your BFP!
Hoping my bfn happens soon. My eldest new I was pregnant, she picks up on everything and now thinks this baby has gone to the moon for some peace and quiet and might come back soon lol bless they do have fantastic imaginations x

JoMalones Mon 25-Jan-16 15:03:57

Lol. Mine knew too and thinks that it went to live in the stars.
Hope you get a bfn soon followed swiftly by a bfp. Definitely see a doctor if it is still bfp after 4 weeks after mc.

AmyB1986 Mon 25-Jan-16 21:05:37

Thanks smile had my beta hcg results back from the hospital. They've dropped but not halved so have to go for more bloods tomorrow to check again. Were at 270 yesterday's bloods so should take a few days only to get a bfn fingers crossed xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now