Where is the test line on amazon cheapies?

(11 Posts)
AskPrayHope Tue 19-Jan-16 20:39:55

Hi, if anyone has bought amazon one step cheap blue hgc pregnancy tests in the last 3 months - where does the test line show?!

Is it right next to the control line?
Is it on that plasticy bit a few millimetres above where it says "MAX"?

Please help if you can!

Thank you so so much in advance smile

JoMalones Wed 20-Jan-16 01:04:51

It's about 2-3mm from the control line (not right by the max level line)

AskPrayHope Wed 20-Jan-16 15:11:20

Thanks for replying!

I am getting a second line, but not that close to the control line - It's not near the max line either, kind of half way confused

I guess it's just an invalid test.

Thanks again for replying!

BoBo90 Wed 20-Jan-16 15:22:25

Post a picture up, sounds like it might be in the right place

JoMalones Wed 20-Jan-16 16:55:00

That could be it. They are v similar to the opk. Here is the two lines on an opk so if a similar place then congratulations!

Purplestar2016 Wed 20-Jan-16 18:50:29

I got these too, used ovulation sticks for 3 months and I had irregular periods before I went on the pill and it's continued now I'm off it. Anyway I never showed a positive on the ov sticks, but the other day I showed 2 lines, the day after I checked again n it was still 2 lines but fainter, so I thought maybe there was something wrong with the batch as on the back it says if it's not as dark as the test line it's negative.

JoMalones Wed 20-Jan-16 19:38:42

Mines negative too purple but gets stronger then weeker mid month. If I use one at 10am then another at 10pm it can show a massive difference

Purplestar2016 Wed 20-Jan-16 22:57:20

So if it's a negative, do,u think I've still ovulated around that time? As I've never had more than one line on and I've tested for 3 months?its so confusing lol, how people get pregnant by accident is baffling. That being said I was an 'accident' lol.

JoMalones Thu 21-Jan-16 00:00:42

Probably. Do you temp or chart at all? Mine just got stronger then weaker but I've only once had a stronger test line than control line and that wasn't the time I fell pregnant! They aren't the best (hence the price) so I tend to use it more as a guideline and rely on temperature and cm.
The pregnancy tests of these are different as a second line means pregnancy, regardless of strength.

AskPrayHope Thu 21-Jan-16 20:09:05

Hi, thanks for replying jomalones, purplestar & bobo90!

Hi bobo90 unfortunately I threw away the test & put it down to an invalid test - it was my last amazon cheapie. I bought a tesco hpt - negative.
Guess it's not my time - again, though momentarily I was a little excited blush

Best of luck to you all, & again, thank you smile

cally0 Fri 22-Jan-16 08:33:46

I have the Amazon cheap ones and for past 3 days have been getting positives on every other test except them!

Today I got a faint line on one, but was so faint it was hard to see! They are 10mlu. But the 99p store 25mlu are showing dark lines!

So I'm a little suspicious of them! Try some of the 99p store. They showed me a vvvfl at 10dpo xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now