Ovulation signs?

(13 Posts)
sammi0805 Mon 18-Jan-16 19:26:32

I am 25 and ttc. Have been off my pill since August and still none the wiser about when I am ovulating. I pick up every symptom I have every month and Google them all and hope for the best but AF arrives every month. I know they say it's an average of 6 months but it feels like a long 6 months when you are really wanting something to happen and it never does. I'm starting to panic now that I'm not actually ovulating at all. What are people's signs of ovulation so I know what I am looking for?

BOTTERSNIKESandGUMBLES1971 Mon 18-Jan-16 19:42:13

Stretchy clear discharge! If I recall you should be able to stretch it about 6-10cm between your fingers. Give that a go!

raddersmrs Mon 18-Jan-16 20:02:45

I get really bad pains in my right side.. Feels like there's something wrong with my appendix. It's called Mittelschmerz.

Are you only dtd when you think you are ovulating or throughout the whole month?
My friend caught within 5 months of coming off the pill and she said she dtd everyday 2-3 days

LemurFingers Mon 18-Jan-16 20:10:48

Mine is 14 days after the date period started. My cervix is right back - it then comes down more towards period date. Stretchy clear mucus stuff. And I get more....sexualy charged!

sammi0805 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:12:54

radders I am did all through the month- my oh is loving the excuse. I do get pains in my sides but sometimes throughout the month so hadn't paid attention to it. I'm keeping note of my af dates to try and plot my cycle but there's nothing regular so far so confused.

sammi0805 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:13:54

Lemur how do you know where your cervix is?

Sunnydays321 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:14:50

You could do ovulation prediction kits (opk) cheap on Amazon, like 50 for £7. You dip them in your afternoon wee.. They look for leutenising hormone (LH) and when you get a positive you should ovulate within 36 hours.

Also checking and tracking your basal body temperature upon waking daily confirms that you have ovulated, you get a sustained temp rise after ovulation. I recommend fertility friend, it confirms ovulation for you. You can get basal thermometers (two decimal places for accuracy) on Amazon for a couple of £). You must take temp immediately on waking, before doing anything else, roughly same time each day, and after 3 hours uninterrupted sleep.. It's actually easier than it sounds.

These may help as you might be Dtd at slightly the wrong time in cycle. X

raddersmrs Mon 18-Jan-16 20:20:38

I agree with Sunnydays, I think the ovulation tests will put your mind at rest about whether you are ovulating or not.

sammi0805 Mon 18-Jan-16 20:42:55

Thank you Sunny. I've ordered some tests. Hopefully this helps me. My friend started trying around the same time as me and she is due in May so I'm just fed up of seeing her pregnant and nothing happening for me every month.

LemurFingers Mon 18-Jan-16 21:08:36

Just have a feel - it feels like the end of your nose in squishyness terms.

When we have sex it is much more difficult when it is near period time and DP says he feels like I am not letting him in - sorry way TMI but it is how I realised the cervix thing.

When I am OV sex is much easier.

If you have a daily feel then you might notice a difference - even try in the shower?

LemurFingers Mon 18-Jan-16 21:09:58

I am new to this board btw - someone please do tell me if I am posting too graphically! blush

raddersmrs Mon 18-Jan-16 21:32:29

Not too graphic at all, it's helpful information! Thank you

sammi0805 Mon 18-Jan-16 21:45:34

Haha agreed Lemur it's all helpful stuff to know about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now