New Year - New Baby - Anyone TTC No1??

(49 Posts)
lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 19:15:18

Hi guys,

I've had a few posts over the few months, been waiting to TTC but now Christmas is over, everything is in place we're going to start trying !!! so excited !!! Been off the pill for a year waiting for the right time to try smile

gona try not get to obsessed and just try and time things around when i think i may be ovulating using my phone app etc

Anyone else in the same boat?

LillianFullStop Sun 03-Jan-16 19:17:14

Hi lucylou - I'm with you on the "after Christmas" timeline - quite literally too, as soon as it hit 26th it was game time :P

lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 19:24:37

My hold up was wanting a new job - nearly gave up but started 2 months ago so now its the new year may as well get started.

i have high blood pressure so ive had all my medication sorted so that its safe if i do get pregnant and it seems to be working for me.

i could be doing with losing a couple stone but i really dont want to put it off any longer, so going to loose weight and start trying at the same time and see how that goes smile

Loulabelle1990 Sun 03-Jan-16 19:44:40

Hey girls,

I am with you on this one! Came off the pill (cerazette) 4 weeks ago now, but nothing as of yet, not even a spot of blood! I have no idea when I am ovulating so it's like a stab in the dark at the moment which is quite frustrating. Getting married in April so would be nice to fall either before or after then!

Flamingoblue1 Sun 03-Jan-16 19:50:39

Hello came off in October had to wait 67 days for af! Positive opk beginning of December but obviously no pregnancy. Hoping my cycle will settle and I will fall soon!

KateMossIsMyQueen Sun 03-Jan-16 20:01:23

I'm here too, got a bit keen and started early / mid Dec but came on on New Years Day. Trying to stay chilled about it but I did have a bit of a sulk - I've always been a terrible loser! DH works away mon - fri at the moment, from April he'll only be home one weekend per month, so we're making the most of the time between now and Easter!

lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:08:53

aw Loulabelle1990 its so hard, i'm sure it will come soon smile

funny how we spend so long trying not to get pregnant but when u finally decide to try you realise its actually really hard?

bobcat85 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:17:00

Loulabelle1990 - I was on Cerazette too and it took quite a while for everything to get back to normal when I came off it. For me it took 9 months for AF to be normal.
It's different for everyone though and hope it all goes well for you.

fridaylady7 Sun 03-Jan-16 20:57:17

Hi Ladies,

Yup, ttc #1 from next month. Exciting times! Just waiting to get back off holiday pills and we're ready to go! I know what you mean @katemossismyqueen. I thought I was pregnant a couple months back after my period being 6 days late. Was gutted to the point of crying when I got a BFN! I'm trying to be relaxed about it! Lol.

I know what you mean

lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:00:47

good to know im not the only one TTC smile trying no to obssess already BUT keep finding myslef looking at baby stuff sad

Loulabelle1990 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:18:09

Oh bobcat85, did you ttc straight after coming off? I was only on it 7 months so I am hoping it won't take too long (wishful thinking)!

I hope it does come soon lucylou1234, you are right, we spend so long avoiding it - I am beginning to wish I'd never gone on the pill in the first place! Hope all goes well for everyone though. We just all need to be patient! xx

lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:27:46

loulabelle1990 i remember being on cerazette for a short time. i came off it as i didn't like the idea of not getting a period and it didn't take too long to go back to normal smile

fridaylady7 I had that last month - was 5 days late (never late) but took a test BFN then AF arrived that evening sad sad sad

bumbleclat Sun 03-Jan-16 21:34:48

I might be joining you all I'm awaiting some CT scan results for possible kidney stones they should arrive in the next 7 days then I can start TTC fingers crossed no stones.
I'm taking vitamin D supplements and the pre conception vitamins too.
Good luck to all of us smile how exciting!

CharminglyGawky Sun 03-Jan-16 21:39:21

Hi, trying here as well!

Haven't actually been using contraception for well over a year but what with wedding, and trying to set up our own little company we didn't really focus on trying as such.

I think I may have had a chemical pregnancy early December, but really unsure if it was actually there or not, loads of early symptoms and the barest hint of a line on a stick but I am really bad with line eye! Didn't bother trying in December as according ovia I was due to ovulate on the 25th... When we were camping on the floor in the study of my aunt and uncles house with the entire of my family in close quarters, sex was not really on the agenda!!!!

Will be using ovia and cheapy opks just waiting for AF to come and go now!

Best of luck everyone!

Loulabelle1990 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:43:33

Thanks lucylou! I know it's only been 4 weeks but it seems like forever at the moment haha! I just want my cycle back to normal

lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:56:43

yup CharminglyGawky - thats what i'm using just now i used opks this month to check accuracy of app and seems to be spot on, however will be trying to stay away from those for the next few months smile

fridaylady7 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:02:28

Can't figure out how to @ people on here!
I'm using Ovia to track but I think OviuView is more suited to me as my ovulation dates change by a couple days each month.
I also think I may have had a chemical @charminglygawky. No line on a test, but I am never, ever late except the one time we dtd during fertile window. Could be a coincidence though!

mynameiscalypso Sun 03-Jan-16 22:20:45

We're also TTC #1 although started on Christmas Eve (very quietly as we were staying with my parents!). We've only ever used condoms and I've always been quite paranoid so the first time without was super strange!

Good luck to everyone, here's hoping that 2016 brings lots of BFPs!

neonrainbow Sun 03-Jan-16 22:24:34

Im not starting right away as we are going on honeymoon in april and I don't want to be pregnant for that, but once the honeymoon is over we are good go for ttc Baby number 1 smile

Evergreen15 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:25:20

Me me!! grin
Trying for #1, everything crossed!!!! I am so excited but so impatient!!!!
Ahhhhhhh 7dpo and counting the minutes

daydream86 Sun 03-Jan-16 22:49:55

wave wave! hello! TTC #1 here, got started with TTC on Christmas Eve which was always the plan but was also the night we got engaged (total surprise!) so excited to be getting married but have worried that we will struggle with fertility due to Polycystic ovaries so ttc is still the priority over setting a wedding date just yet. eek so full of positivity at the moment, hope this lasts! cd 3 today x

lucylou1234 Sun 03-Jan-16 23:15:25

awww congratulations daydream86 2016 will be an exciting year for you!

so good that were all in the same boat ! i cant wait to see what the year ahead holds in store for us smile I only hope nature is kind to me (to all of us) and doesn't keep us waiting too long!!!

Poppyscot87 Mon 04-Jan-16 00:19:21

Me too. Last pill was early December. No AF since withdrawl bleed, kind of itching to do a test as first time trying but logical side of brain saying don't be ridiculous you have just started trying and have no idea what cycle is up to. Really planned to keep cool, calm and collected about this but can see obsession on the horizon.... Uh oh!

tspika1981 Mon 04-Jan-16 01:36:25

Hello! I'm in, too – just casually starting at the end of January. Intrigued to see how it goes!

cakesandphotos Mon 04-Jan-16 13:16:19

Hi! We're going to start trying soon! I became unemployed today so hopefully I'll get a new job before we start! I have rheumatoid arthritis so we need to get pg asap because it goes into remission. Looking forward to that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now